GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rehab is for quitters
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, going to my subs i have a hifonics txi 7508. i got everything hooked up and my amp wont turn off. i originally had my remote wire tapped into the remote wire on the back of the deck. i took it out and tried running it to fuses to see if that would work, i plugged it into my windshield washer fuse, then my washers started squirting water on my windshield. i plugged into my hvac fuse, and once i started my truck, i attempted to shut if off and it kept running even with the key out. then i realized that even holding the other end of my remote wire in my hand my amp has power. but not if the one end is plugged into my amp. i had a bad ground that i will hopefully fix today. could this be the problem? i havent tried plugging my other amp in yet to see if thats the problem. any ideas?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Wait what was wrong with the remote wire?

If you had a bad ground, fix the ground first then hook it back up to the remote hook up on the back of your head unit.

·
Rehab is for quitters
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the problem with the remote wire is that my amp gets power as soon as one end is plugged into the amp, i can be holding the other end in my hand and it will turn on. so no matter what the remote wire is plugged into, i have constant power to my amp. me and my friend are going to go tear into it and fix the ground and try another amp so we will see if we can work it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts