GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gotta Pay to Play
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone mounting their amps in the nnbs crew cab? I refuse to screw it to the back wall! Wanting to amplify my components also, how do yall mount the speaker crossovers and where? Pics would be awesome

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
i like mounting amps under the rear seats or if you want them on the back wall then glue a piece of mdf to the back wall and screw to that

·
Gotta Pay to Play
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like mounting amps under the rear seats or if you want them on the back wall then glue a piece of mdf to the back wall and screw to that
I plan to rub subs as well so under backseat is out. Do you remove the insulation piece from behind the seat completely?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
That's up to you. Find a screw and go off that

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Just make sure the cooling fins are pointed towards the sky.. heat rises

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Something else that might work as well. Use marine 5200 and glue just the amp mounting studs to the back wall. 5200 is some amazing stuff and is super strong.

"When using 3M Marine Adhesive/Sealant 5200 with metals, it may be necessary to prime the surface to achieve adequate adhesion and durability of the bond. Scotch-WeldTM Structural Adhesive Primer EC-1945 B/A may be used for priming of most metals. "

It's best to ask around to see if any of your friends might have some laying around because of the cost of it. I'm not sure if they sell it in smaller tubes or not.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
My install was a little unique but it could fit your needs.

I mounted my amps and crossovers on MDF plates with MDF risers and built up around it. Here are some "during build" pics:

photo2_zps676ddedc.jpg

photo1_zps8ea643b1.jpg

·
Gotta Pay to Play
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That does look nice, but my sub box itself covers all of that space. lol
I'm gonna try to fit the crossovers to the components in behind the door panels, hopefully I can mount them securely enough

·
Registered
233 Posts
Industrial strength sticky backed velcro on the MDF and the painted rear wall of the cab, you'll have to cut away some of the insulation. It's been on there for almost a year and hasn't budged. I also did the rear seat fold down mod at the same time so I can access the amp.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Apologies for it not being completed, I'm planning on running another sub for door speakers and using one big piece of MDF for it all after I put down some sound deadening material. That mono amp is old as hell and heavy but the Velcro holds it all up with no problems. Now I just have to figure out why my sub (aftermarket under the center console) sounds like shit and get the Pioneer head unit in the dash.

·
Gotta Pay to Play
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Apologies for it not being completed, I'm planning on running another sub for door speakers and using one big piece of MDF for it all after I put down some sound deadening material. That mono amp is old as hell and heavy but the Velcro holds it all up with no problems. Now I just have to figure out why my sub (aftermarket under the center console) sounds like shit and get the Pioneer head unit in the dash.
What did you do for the seats to fold down? That's so much easier then pulling the seat every time

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
What did you do for the seats to fold down? That's so much easier then pulling the seat every time
wondering this as well... would love to know, because pulling the seats out is a pita

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here's mine. Used sticky pad zip tie mounting pads stuck to the back wall, drilled a few holes through the wood. Zip tied the wood to the mounting pads. You guys will laugh but works great. Area to the right is for my mids/highs amp, crossovers for my components will mount under that.

imagejpg6-1.jpg

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Here's mine. Used sticky pad zip tie mounting pads stuck to the back wall, drilled a few holes through the wood. Zip tied the wood to the mounting pads. You guys will laugh but works great. Area to the right is for my mids/highs amp, crossovers for my components will mount under that.

imagejpg6-1.jpg
Nice amp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts