GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen anyone put some on an OBS so i thought i'll start a thread. If this is old news sorry i didn't know :(

Had to mess with the brackets a little bit but i got them to work.

The steps are from a 99-07 style silverado. The 07-09's wont work on the OBS.

If anyone on an OBS has questions about putting them on, let me know and i can probably answer them. I put the motors on the front arm because the harness didn't seem like it would reach to the rear. The motor would be easier to put in the rear though because there is more room under the floor.

I still have to wire them, but they work when i just hooked up the harness to the battery. I'll post more pics when i find a trigger wire. I'm guessing i'll use the switch thats on the side of the dash where the door pushes it when it is shut.

Steps

Motors

Had to notch this pinch weld to clear the motors

Slotted out the bracket for more adjustment for the front mount. The rear mount worked fine stock.

Front arm with motors. This is the bracket that i had to slot out.

Rear arm. Stock bracket worked for this one.

Up

Another view (also when they are down, they are perfectly flat with the ground)

More pics later after i finish wiring them.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A
PPL
Dome Lamp Defeat Switch Output (w/o Keyless Entry)

B
BLK
Ground

C
TAN
Key Reminder Switch Output
are those the wires coming from that switch?

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
are those the wires coming from that switch?
The connector that plugs into the door jamb switch. It's from a '98 model though. That's as far as I can go back. :/

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The connector that plugs into the door jamb switch. It's from a '98 model though. That's as far as I can go back. :/
thanks man, that should help me. Hopefully those are a switched ground, and not a switched hot.

update- pic of the step down

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone peep the new shocks? :secret:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
looks great! I just emailed a guy regarding some AMPs for my truck...hope he'll ship! :secret: Great price too :evil:

·
Registered
530 Posts
looks good man very nice work and nice write up

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
very nice. i love being different and making things for other years fit your year. how much lift is on the hoe again?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
very nice. i love being different and making things for other years fit your year. how much lift is on the hoe again?
9.5" FTS at 11"

8" leafs w/ 1 1/4" block

1 - 20 of 44 Posts