GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, the other day i was off roading, and i pulled the ground outta the connector that goes to the amp, well i got that all fixed up, but now when i go to plus things back in, the speakers wont work. All the wires a hooked up right, but when i go to put the singal wires in(rca's) 1. i either put one in and there will be faint sound coming outta the subs 2. i put them both in and nothin works so i wigge the wires around and theres like a errie, skretch(sp) sound, but it wont hit at all, can somone help me?

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dam, well i took apart the amp, and checked out the singal in connections, but still same result :flame:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sure you didn't pull anything loose from the other side (towards the deck) especially the rca's? You have an led that indicates good power? Is your ground secured completely with area underneath it sanded (maybe the hole opened up when the wire was pulled from the amp side)? Any interconnects for the rca's between the deck and amp? Or, how was your fix on the amp side for proper ground? Just throwing these questions out there to see if you've all ready checked them all. Good luck...

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Ive seen ground yanked loose ony to kill the amp due to little - power(only what the rcas will give) take it and have it tested

·
eBay-aholic
510 Posts
Since the ground came loose, the amp looked for the next best ground path, which was the RCA's connected to the deck. This probably wasn't a sufficient ground and smoked the amp. Whay amp is it? Is there a protection light on the amp that comes on?

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a kenwood 600W amp, it is still gettin power and everything, and all my connections from the deck are okay. I guess ill need to get it checked out.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ibrake4blondes said:
Bring it down sometime for Ryan to see it. I'm sure he can help you. And unlike Best Buy- we don't charge! :D
Haha, good deal, i never even thought about taht, but its really starting to piss me off, lemme know whenever he is avaiable, so that i can stop by.

·
Registered
80 Posts
g_unit77 said:
Haha, good deal, i never even thought about taht, but its really starting to piss me off, lemme know whenever he is avaiable, so that i can stop by.
We're selling the Camaro tomorrow morning. :bye: :( :( :bawl: We should be back by noon. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ibrake4blondes said:
We're selling the Camaro tomorrow morning. :bye: :( :( :bawl: We should be back by noon. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
so you found a buyer, where at and how much>

·
9,823 Posts
ibrake4blondes said:
Bring it down sometime for Ryan to see it. I'm sure he can help you. And unlike Best Buy- we don't charge! :D
that usually depends on how cocky you are when you walk in. If you have the "I hooked it up right and your shitty amp went out unlike the same amp I bought from somewhere else that was stolen" and "Ive been doing this for 15 years and I know what im doing!" yet the guy is like 18 or " I swear Ill never buy another piece of electronics from this store again, I usually get everything from the other Best Buy the next town over"
we will charge you!

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
94flamds10blazr said:
that usually depends on how cocky you are when you walk in. If you have the "I hooked it up right and your shitty amp went out unlike the same amp I bought from somewhere else that was stolen" and "Ive been doing this for 15 years and I know what im doing!" yet the guy is like 18 or " I swear Ill never buy another piece of electronics from this store again, I usually get everything from the other Best Buy the next town over"
we will charge you!
that is a joke that we have, this one time he called to ask them a question and they said they arnt allowed to answer any questions on the phone about tech. help and then proceeded to hang up.

·
9,823 Posts
that was taking SOP a tad far. Thats called standard operating procedures btw. I do that all the time, but as a place trying to make $$, it helps to get somebody in and see what they screwed up and charge them to fix it

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
94flamds10blazr said:
that was taking SOP a tad far. Thats called standard operating procedures btw. I do that all the time, but as a place trying to make $$, it helps to get somebody in and see what they screwed up and charge them to fix it

I dig what you are saying man, it was jsut they way he handled the situation that we got a joke out of

1 - 18 of 18 Posts