GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
sparkplugsareforpussies.
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever put amp steps on a regular cab? I know they don't make them but I read somewhere of somebody cutting the boards down and putting the endcaps back on. I was thinking of getting the ext cab ones so I can have a step up into my toolbox if that would work? I'm not sure how they mount. Any pics would be great guys

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The ext. cab ones are the crew cab ones that are cut down. That's going to be one cute little step if you put it on a reg. cab. That's a lot of money to be wasting on half the steps, just my opinion though...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dunno if you thought about it but they make a manual single step for them that would serve about the same purpose.

·
sparkplugsareforpussies.
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I just read somewhere about someone cutting them to fit a reg cab. I want to leave them ext cab length so I have a step to the bed / toolbox if it would work. Was hoping for some pics of something similar

·
sparkplugsareforpussies.
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunno if you thought about it but they make a manual single step for them that would serve about the same purpose.
You mean just a normal like tube step? I do like the n - fab steps, and they'd be a lot cheaper but I really like the amp steps too. Just hoping to see some pics. Amp has the little tailgate step but I'm not sure how it would work as a door step and would probly look out of place

·
sparkplugsareforpussies.
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ that's the amp site. I know besttop(I thinnk that's the right brand name) makes some, never heard much about their quality or anything though.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
What about getting the one made for the bed of trucks and using it for your regular cab instead of cutting that much :shrug:

EDIT:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib_XdISnJnI[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvBMlO1Vnvg[/ame]

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yeah I just read somewhere about someone cutting them to fit a reg cab. I want to leave them ext cab length so I have a step to the bed / toolbox if it would work. Was hoping for some pics of something similar
They wouldn't tuck up under your truck. There is nowhere for them to go because they tuck under the cab. You'd have to notch the cab and bed for them to tuck with that size.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I meant the single steps for reg cab... not tube steps. And also thought bout the bed steps as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts