GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Layin' Frame on 24's
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let me tell you what I got. . .I have two sets of mb quart 6.5" components being powered by a hifonics 6406 amp, 4 kicker l7 12" being powered by two hifonics 16oow mono amps. Anyhow the problem I have is that the 6404 4 channel amp I have powering the components went into protection mode and wont come back. Everything was fine, sounded great and I went up a lil to high on the volume and it went into protection. I shut off my truck, lowered the volume and it came back on, so being me, lol, i turned it up again, only this time it stayed there andwont come out of protection mode. I have it wired at 2 ohms meaning I bridged. Is my amp done for? What can I do?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Time to get out a meter.

With the truck/amp on:
Gound & Power = 12volt + ?

With it off:
Meter your speakers = what ohm?

EDIT: pics of said mids/highs amp?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
your fucked.

haha jk but really

check your voltages and such. try unbridgeing it and see if that works.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
most 4-channels arent 2 ohm bridged stable

·
Layin' Frame on 24's
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im fucked huh? lol. yeah this sucks, just finished up with my system, everything sounded good, just wanted a lil more out of my highs, so i bridged it dropping them down to 2 ohms, sounded great, just went one notch overboard on the volume and it went into protection. Never came back, I disconnected all speakers, rca's, and still nothing. Is it best just to leave 4channel amps wired at 4ohms? The manufacterer does say it is 2 ohm stable, idk.
Thanks anyways.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
2 ohm stable stereo, not mono

1 - 6 of 6 Posts