GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some research on this, just wanting to get some more ideas or talk to someone that had done it.

I am wanting to put an android tablet in my 2007 nnbs Silverado, non Bose as my head unit. I have came across many different ways to do it. It seems like the easiest and cheaper way is to run a 3.5mm to rc cable to a 4 channel amp and just run the speaker wires directly to that amp. Of course that will eliminate steering wheel controls and OnStar, possibly chime? If I go this route can I run a 'y' splitter off of the one rc plug so I can run my 4 channel amp and my amp for my subs?

Does anyone know of another way where I can possibly retain steering wheel controls and chime?

·
Registered
145 Posts
My headrest DVD players have the Android OS...got them from Onfair.com..they are wifi only though! Good luck with the install!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have an iPad mini in my dash, I used a Sony MEX-GS600BT that is mounted behind the tablet. I use an app to unlock the iPad and start playing whatever I last left playing in the truck as soon as it senses it is hooked up to a charger. It is hooked up to the usb port on the Sony headunit and therefore only charges when the truck is on. When the truck turns off the iPad automatically locks. Because I am using the head unit behind everything, I still have steering wheel controls, chimes, RCA outs for my amps, etc. As for a backup camera I bought a Rydeen mirror with a monitor built into it. There are ways to hook up backup cameras to tablets whether they are android or apple but I chose to just go with the mirror.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Any pics of the setup jbano?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts