GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin for someone who knows a substantial amount about the vortec 350 motor who could explain the constant racket this motor makes which is a whole lot worse probably from about 3500rpm or so all the way up to the red.

Ive heard this sound from all of my friends of mine who have the 5.7 vortec and from just about every other vortec 350 ive heard with aftermarket exhaust.

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
jgood2709 it might be the mixture of gasoline and air exploding inside the engine causing the noise. i'm not sure tho.
Thats freggin hilarious :LOL: :LOL:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
do u mean exhaust drone? Get used to it. I have it, i dont even notice it anymore though. You can try putting alot of dynamatt extreme on, but you still won't get rid of it 100%. If you just want it gone, go with a quiter muffler.

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
I had something like your describing on my stock exhaust. I believe it is a characteristic of the Vortec head design to some extent, however, that big giant muffler makes a nasty drone noise as well that has a slight rattling sound.

I recently put dual 2.25" 40 flows on my k2500, off the factory 3" dual exhaust. Nothing but good meaty sound now...Where it started the "Droning rattle" noise before, is now replaced with a raspy and evil sounding growl.

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
I think i know what yall are talkin bout. on my 96 it did that. I always thought something had come loose and was vibrating somewhere...After me and dad tightened everything and its mom it still did it. I feel ya though. Jake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts