GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry fellas, been searching with minimal results, no pics, and too many NNBS titles. Any help and or pics would be greatly appreciated.

I've been wanted to drop my 08 EC since I bought it. But still don't know what kit to use. I'm wanting a 2/4 to keep ride comfort (DD), and I'm leaning more towards a kit with rear leafs like McGaughy's. Are there any issues with this kit ride/fitment wise? Can I use stock shocks in the rear? Looking at this one... http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.aspx?category|category_root|-30=Suspension&category|cat_-30|374=Lowering+Kits&partfamilyid=1708&attribute_value_string|Drop+Amount=2"+Front+&+4"+Rear&canned_results_trigger=&partid=524004

Any input on a flip kit instead? What's the difference in ride between this and leafs? Second choice...
http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.aspx?category|category_root|-30=Suspension&category|cat_-30|374=Lowering+Kits&partfamilyid=825&attribute_value_string|Drop+Amount=2"+Front+&+4"+Rear&canned_results_trigger=&partid=603384

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
20 views and no replies, you guys are holding out on me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i got a 4/7 well just raised to a 4/6 so i could haul a lil bit of stuff when needed it rides better than factory its a mcgaughys kit ive been dropped since 07 no problem

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I knew answers were lurking...ctucker which kit did you use Belltech or DJM? Thanks for the help

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
djm front a arms and rear kit rides great. Actaully the djm 2 3 4 rides good up front because using the stock spring. a 3/5 is what id go with

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
the GF spindles are great quality.
I had the GF Leafs set to 5" and 2" up front and it rode retty good.
If you are going to run 4" in the rear you can still use the stock shock for a while.
PM DJtink on here, he was selling a New Ground Force Kit 2/4 w/ shocks also

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the GF spindles are great quality.
PM DJtink on here, he was selling a New Ground Force Kit 2/4 w/ shocks also
I was going to buy that kit from him, but he had to split up the kit to sell it. It was a steal too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've decided on the Belltech kit. Thanks for the input

1 - 10 of 10 Posts