GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oK, really been wanting a new truck lately but the rational thought is, im in college and my truck is paid off- so i think i need to keep it for right now. so since i hate the low ride and not much of a fan on the look. what is my cheapest/safest route on lifting my sierra 2wd? money is on the tighter side but i guess i can get the lift soon and then save for a decenet rim/tire combo.

I was thinking this, unless there is any suggestions or reasons not to. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SILVERADO-7-Lift-Kit-2WD-1500-SIERRA-99-06-04-05-03_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem5ad100daccQQitemZ390053550796QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

or maybe someone wants to swap a couple parts they may have. i have a mcgaughys 4/6 w 2 in drop shackles in the back.

edt: i have no intentions on mudding this, just like the look and its my DD

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
That kit tears up ball joints and will ride like crap.

Get a full drop kit from Fabtech, Pro Comp, Cognito, or FTS. Or stick with a 4" spindle and add a body lift or a small coil spacer if you need extra height.

The big question is what size tires are you trying to clear?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That kit tears up ball joints and will ride like crap.

Get a full drop kit from Fabtech, Pro Comp, Cognito, or FTS. Or stick with a 4" spindle and add a body lift or a small coil spacer if you need extra height.

The big question is what size tires are you trying to clear?
just looking for a nice stance, maybe something like pewterrado has (i think thats how u spell it) maybe a tad higher...just searching through some albums and somethign liek this would do...
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/album.php?albumid=127&pictureid=827

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Cool. I would just stay away from kits that use those big 3" coils and say they "correct" it by including an upper a-arm with the kit. These designs cause your upper ball joints to operate at pretty crappy angles. They also cause your upper arm to basically sit on the droop stop, so it really limits your droop travel and makes your ride quality suck.

Spindles and body lifts don't affect your truck's suspension geometry or ride quality. They are good options. If you don't like the looks of a body lift, then a 1" or 2" spacer (not great, but better than a 3" coil) is also a cheap option for a few extra inches.

that truck looks like it has 33" tires, either 285 or 305mm wide. On stock wheels, you only need 4" in the front and 1-2" in the back to clear them. With wider aftermarket wheels, you need 5-6" in the front and 2-3" in the rear to clear them.

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
4" springtech or 3" RC spindles, 2" coil spacers, 2", 3", or 4" block in the rear. (all depends on what you wanna spend and if you want the front or back end to sit higher)Call it done.

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
check out my truck...

4inch spindle/2 inch spacer and three inch block on 265's with plenty of room for 33's. If you wanna go higher get a body lift they are cheap for our model year trucks...my spindles/spacers were 500 bucks from canuckmotorsports.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I think it will look like shit with the stepside bed when it's lifted. That's just me though.

EDIT-Whoops didn't see that post above me at first, LOL.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Do you want to run stock wheels? If so, get the RC 3" spindles, they allow you to run stock wheels with no spacer. I'm pretty sure all the 4" spindles require wheel spacers to run factory wheels.

I LOVED Zachsb3's truck when it was lifted. He had a 3" spindle, 2" blocks, and a 3" body lift. I can't find any pics of it, but pm him, he might still have some.

·
Registered
293 Posts
There are currently no zone lifts for our year model 2wd truck yet.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Springtech, Fabtech, Rough Country, or FFS (Full Force Suspension) are going to be your cheapest spindles.

The CST ones are the most expensive.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts