GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently changed my pinion angle on my rear end. i did this with a angle finder and lengthening the lower bars but now i noticed that the bushings are now pushed forward, i posted about a lean on my truck. everybody said it was the tank. but it didn't lean until i made the bars longer. so im guessing it's binded up, which i read could cause a lean. ok enough chit-chat. my question is...was i supposed to shorten the top bars?

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...bed's off today if anybody can tell me whether to shorten the upper bars or not let me know.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Depending on which direction you want to move the pinion will determine which bars to adjust. If you lengthen the lower bars, it's the same as shortening the upper bars. The same is true in reverse order.

Typically it's best to split the difference if you can and lengthen some bars, and shorten the others. That way you're not too far out of adjustment on all the bars. Just make sure that both upper bars are the same equal overall length, and the same with the lowers. If you have one off it can effect the motion of the vehicle and put pressure onto the bushings.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah both bushings on the lower links are forward, basicly pushing the lower bars to the back of the truck. im thinking im going to shorten the uppers a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts