GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i want to upgrade my stock speakers, problem is i dont know a damn thing about audio equipment! I need any opinions, suggestions, links, pictures, or prices. Im not looking for a show winning soundsystem, i just want something that sounds really good for myself. Thanks guys

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
Vehicle info might help! Budget also!

·
Registered
861 Posts
The oem GM amps are 2ohm. So get a nice set of 2ohm components for the front and some good 2ohm coaxials for the rear and it will sound better and a little louder then stock. If you run 4ohm speakers you won't get enough power out of the stock amp to get good sound.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
if its going in that RC then fuck the rear speakers and a 4-channel amp, get a 2-channel and get nicer components for up front IMO.

In my EC I didnt have rear speakers, so I guess in theory I could have been missing out, but it sounded phenomenal with just fronts amped.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
if i was doin a reg cab id get some good components up front on either the stock amp or a good 2 channel. doesnt have to be huge power just something equal to the rms of the speakes. then id look into adding a sub..

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
If I had a RC Id do a 4-channel with some nice comps up front and the rear channels bridged to a single sub

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
price plays a big role in this... you can splurge on really nice door speakers (or components) and leave the backs stock or you can spread it out with decent ones up front and back...

whats your budget for:
deck - amps - speakers - dynamat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts