GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the front bumper on the avalanche without the body side moldings the same as the 03+ silverado one?

I'm thinking ss bumper with an avalanche clip :rocking:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
i'm 99% sure

but in 2003, the avalanche grille changed over to the 2003 grille. So the 2003 and up avalanches without b/h are exactly the same as the 2003 and up trucks. I think this is correct. I think the hoods, side fenders, bumpers, and grilles are all the same.

vs.

I think the grille, hood, and bumper are different. They are both 2003 avalanches

if you swap in a avalanche front end without b/h, it'll look just like my truck. But if you swap in the one with the body hardware, it'll look like the older avalanches (sort of a trailblazer/equinox/colorado look)

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Wait, now that i look at it closer, the hoods and fenders look the same, but it's the headlights and the grille that look different... i can't tell now.

That is an aftermarket front bumper, so it's a crappy example.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok well lets make a poll...

what should i do?

avy with moldings

avy without moldings

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
i like the look of the avy without moldings, but to me, it would just look like a regular 2003 and up silverado. People will look at it and think, "hey, his truck is big with the new front end... it must be a '03 or a '04".

On the other hand if you go with the avy w/ side moldings, it will be much more original, and it would look a lot more custom. People will look at it and think "hey, its an ext. cab avy... wait.. no.. look!!! it's a silverado with a badass avy conversion! How cool!"

LOL, you know you like my quotes :D

I like the looks of the avy w/o hardware, but if you are going for the custom one of a kind look, i'd go for the avy with hardware.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
The avalanche without body molding is just the 03+ front end. The bodydropped avy on 24's has an SS front end on it and it looks no different than the trucks. If you are going to do a swap, do the real avy front end by all means.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts