GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm researching different cams and stuff for my truck.. So far I'm thinking the tr220 with a 3k or 3200 verter. My main question is what's th big difference between a single pattern and split duration cams?

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Ok I'm researching different cams and stuff for my truck.. So far I'm thinking the tr220 with a 3k or 3200 verter. My main question is what's th big difference between a single pattern and split duration cams?
I'm just curious, why didn't you ask this in the "cam thread"? You'd be getting the attention of anyone who has ever posted in there to answer your question.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I poasted it off my phone... And I forgot about the cam thread.. My appologies for my noodness but feel free to answer my question :crazy:

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Is that on a 5.3l or 6.0l?

Although I'm sure it would run perfectly fine, I'd think the TR224 is way too big for a 3000rpm stall on the 5.3. I now personally think the 3000 stall would be too small for the TR220 as well.
If you tow, go yank PT, if not, only peformance, go SS. TT is mild.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure what stall I'm gunna get yet..I haul my 4wheeler and some lighter loads but I can't decide what I want yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts