GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a cold air intake (I know that you don't see much hp gaines from them). I just want a little more aggressive sound. What is the cheapest cold air intake for a 2008 Silverado? I'm not interested in building the home depot one either, just a new one. Everyone says that they do the same thing no matter which one you go with, so I'm looking for the cheapest one. Also, should I go with the full intake or something like the airaid jr. kit with just the tube and filter. Once again, I know I will not see hardly any power gaines, I'm just looking for more aggressive sound. Thanks.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
The 07+ NNBS airboxes flow extremely well, just compare it to a 99-06 box. Just replace the tube with an Airaid JR kit for just a shade over $100 and call it a day.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I went with just the tube for my 08. I bought a k&n kit for my 01 and ended up going back to the stock box with just the k&n tube and didn't notice any difference. Just the tube can be had for a little over $100. Mine should hopefully be here mid week.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I have an airaid tube I would sell for $90 shipped

new the tube is $120, with filter closer to $155

·
GMFS Noob
102 Posts
another vote for the tube. its definitely louder than stock

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that is probably what I will do. I'm just going to buy the kit because I already have a K&N filter (oiled) and I want a dry filter because I have heard bad things.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ebay has some air intakes for cheap. You could check there i got my for 101 for my nbs and they had another for even less.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ebay has some air intakes for cheap. You could check there i got my for 101 for my nbs and they had another for even less.
I can't find any "cheaper ones" for the NNBS on ebay. There was a thread from someone who got one off of ebay for the NBS and modified it to fit his NNBS, and said it worked fine but that that is too much trouble for not enough power gaines. I will probably just go with the airaid jr kit for a little more aggressive sound and easy instalation.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I can't find any "cheaper ones" for the NNBS on ebay. There was a thread from someone who got one off of ebay for the NBS and modified it to fit his NNBS, and said it worked fine but that that is too much trouble for not enough power gaines. I will probably just go with the airaid jr kit for a little more aggressive sound and easy instalation.
the throttle body is much larger on the NNBS than NBS, plus you wont have that connection for the line that goes to the intake....that aint gonna work

If anyone wants to buy mine it is for sale

·
Registered
157 Posts
Finally put a K&N CAI on my truck that sat in the garage for a year before getting my lazy arse to throw it on. Needless to say, wish I'd thrown it on sooner! Certainly a better sound and maybe it's audio horsepower but it feels like it got some spunk after the install especially on the hwy.. Just need a tune to go with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts