GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive have been wondering since i bagged my truck of why its better using control arms, my 04 chevy is bagged on 24s it gots drop spindles with the stock upper control arms flipped with the upper ball joint coing thorugh the bottom of the hole in the spindle. Ive heard alot that i can brake the balljoint some body else said no that it was allright, just trying to figure out wich way to go and the other i dont get much lift up front, i can turn but when coing coing up an entrance the front tires will start rubbing

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
are your bags completely compressed when laid out, if not that will prevent max lift. And ART arms just reposition the ball joints for a better angle, similar to flipped arms. But also run a better MOOG ball joint

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
If leave your uca flipped, but flip the ball joint so that it runs through the spindle from the top, then get ART lca's, then do what nick said and make sure your bag is completely deflated when laid out. If you do all that you should have the best lift.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the way theyre are setup is that the passenger side is on the driver side and the driver side is on the passenger side flipped with the balljoint coing through the bottom of the top hole of the spindle, also i think i have belltech spindles.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
you should try the art arms and 16+ spindle and tell us how itworks
I don't believe they will work, due to the need of moving the lower balljoint and the control arm design. Clearance issues will for sure arise. However I'm not 100% on where.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
So how do i set them up
Stock location of the arms in the spindle, but run the ART control arms. Drop spindles I know McGaughys 2003T will work with the arms, not sure about the 16" ones. Then set it up so the bag is full compressed when aired out.

·
IT DONT STOP
504 Posts
piedra, can u get some pics on here of your set up, and someone can put some pics up of a better or best one to show the difference clearly

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
im sorry to disagree with everyone but why do you need control arms...i have never had a truck with aftermarket arms and my trucks have always laid....hell the one i just got rid of had stock everything and laid out granted it did have alot of camber but i have seen trucks with worse...my green truck has stock arms with modded mounting points and she does just fine.....just lookin to save this guy 7-800 bucks

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
my stock arms were flipped and ran from the bottom to top of the spindle. Then when we body dropped it on 24s we narrowed the front 1" per side the new tubulars were made the same way. The ball joint goes in the bottom of the spindle. I use stock lower arms recessed in and slam re-7 bags. just barely gets enough lift to untuck a 275/30r24 on a 5 1/4" body drop.

also i'm not saying its the best setup out there but it works for me.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
i just want to see how the setup does with the 16+ spindle. the only downfall to it is it will only be a 1" drop spindle but the geometry has proven to be better than the 17+ ones
I've been trying to tell people for a while that I think it would work great. I want someone to try it to tell us how works. If You don't have all the fab skills to alter your stockers then try it!!!

I fucked up when I narrowed my lca's. I didn't re angle them so I think they are binding when I lay. Anybody got some stock ones that I can re-do with?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts