GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered the trailer fenders to tub the front of my 03rcsb chevy. i have heard that they will work and others have used them. they are 9 inches wide with rolled edge. i am currently prepping the truck to lay on 22s with a body drop. all i have left is the tubs and transmission crossmember which is in the mail

so my question since they are 9 in wide will they work. i got the side panels too cuz i dont want my shit to get hella dirty. is that a problem or can i do without the side panels. i know i dont have to run them but want to to keep it clean. if i put the side panels on do you think it will rub. at full crankor less. if i have to make little cutouts to turn the wheel all the way then thats ok. does any one like flamed sierra or aaronhebert or twanky have any more detailed pics of the tubs like down by the spring perch at full crank.
sorry for the novel im just a very detailed person and like to do things right the first time.
thanks

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you know how in the middle of the wheel well it kinda flares at an angle on the inside alittle up by the ridge behind the coolant bottle. how much does your new tub stick out past that point. and does it cover your whole wheel when laid out. would youhave enough to put the side panel on and just cut out marks where the tires would hit when you turn full crank or would that even be an issue

i got the tranny from kp

·
Negative Camber
369 Posts
My inner fenderwells are 15" wide, actually used 2 tubs to make one. Im running 22x10's though and I have quite a bit of camber. Each truck is different, the camber will be different, width of the wheel/tire, all of that makes a difference. I do not have sides on mine, and the engine bay stays pretty clean. I drove it about 6 hours in the rain to Memphis last year for a show and had very little cleaning to do under the hood.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not have sides on mine, and the engine bay stays pretty clean. I drove it about 6 hours in the rain to Memphis last year for a show and had very little cleaning to do under the hood.
thats good. my tubs will work if i dont run side panels. i was just worried about the road grime and dirt getty pretty bad and messy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
in the center where you are talking about mine are 8in. and at the firewall its 10in. im running a 22/9.5 and it covers the whole tire when layed out. i only wish i tubed out the firewall it rubs, that may be the next project.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts