GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that Black Bear Performance did it again. Justin was very helpful and was able to send me out a PCM that arrived in two days, in time for my SC and 6.0 swap. The truck runs very well at the moment and it fired right up. He will be helping me out in about a month when he's out in SoCal tuning it on the Dyno. Can't wait!

Thanks Again Justin!

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
Wait til you get a few tanks of fuel run through it, it only gets better! My 4.8 runs like a scalded dog! A 6.0 and SC has got to be insane.:insane: If he hooks up with someone out here with a dyno, I most definately will get that done! Ever since I got my tune Ive kinda been thinking SC myself.:hmm:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
damn man, a s/cd 6.0 in a rc must scream. my s/cd 4.8 sure does!!!

got pics? details?

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll put up details later on tonight when I'm home and get some sleep. I've been up for most of the weekend and didn't finish the swap with a friend til early this morning 1:30am or so. We got some pics, when we remembered to take some. I'll get some sound clips/video if my camera works this time. We still need to install a boost gauge, we just didn't have the energy to keep going and were to excited to start her up and get her out in the road.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
very cool. did you get any other gauges? traction is going to be a serious problem for you! :evil:

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not at this time, I may get some other gauges in the future. Did get an LED that will get hooked up to the external fuel pump so that we know it turns on. Truck now has an internal and external pump. Traction is tuff now, if I get on it a little from a stop it starts wanting to spin them. The 6 liter also got cammed, with a LS1-GT7 cam kit from Lingenfelter. I fell in love with this truck all over again last night! :anitoof:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
i would get another gauge or two. wideband ones are really nice, with that one you can make sure that youre not going lean or running too rich. that will also tell you if your fuel pump is working properly.

ive got an ls7 cam waiting to go into mine as well. sounds like you got some pretty good results with yours...
i think ill head down that way when justin is there.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
I'm goin cabletune as soon as I get back home, August 9th here I come!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
i would get another gauge or two. wideband ones are really nice, with that one you can make sure that youre not going lean or running too rich. that will also tell you if your fuel pump is working properly.

ive got an ls7 cam waiting to go into mine as well. sounds like you got some pretty good results with yours...
i think ill head down that way when justin is there.

LS7 cam? :read: You've got an 01 LS6 cam going in.

Come on down on Sept 3rd, Labor Day. That's when Hugo's truck will be on the rollers.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
does Justin give free updates when you change something on your truck like nelson?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
does Justin give free updates when you change something on your truck like nelson?
yes

Come on down on Sept 3rd, Labor Day. That's when Hugo's truck will be on the rollers.
:uhoh: im a jackass, you know this....

·
Registered
6,133 Posts

i want mine done when your down here, so dont forget about me. let me know some more details

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Sure thing. I'll be down in Temecula on September 3rd and 4th, available to tune as many trucks that want to be tuned.

Justin
Sounds perfect, thats only about an hour away from me, how much is a driving tune again. pm me if you want

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yah man I never got a chance to give you a shout out on the Forums but the tune is amazing. Got my truck done a few weeks back and I couldn't be happier. Thanks again, shit's amazing . . . :head3:

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
I'm bout to get a tune-ola as we speak :woohoo:

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Wait til you get a few tanks of fuel run through it, it only gets better! My 4.8 runs like a scalded dog! A 6.0 and SC has got to be insane.:insane: If he hooks up with someone out here with a dyno, I most definately will get that done! Ever since I got my tune Ive kinda been thinking SC myself.:hmm:
Justin told me that today. I asked about why it was that I didnt feel much, he told me to wait a bit and see. I know this thing climbs higher in the rpms before than ever! That 4.8 screams when I punch it at 30 after downshifting and goes to almost 6k b4 shifting. It feels a bit faster now, and it only gets better? Cool

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
Justin told me that today. I asked about why it was that I didnt feel much, he told me to wait a bit and see. I know this thing climbs higher in the rpms before than ever! That 4.8 screams when I punch it at 30 after downshifting and goes to almost 6k b4 shifting. It feels a bit faster now, and it only gets better? Cool
Thats what was cool about getting the ride around tune. I could instantly feel timing and shift point changes as he made them. I also must add that I did my efan install the very next day, so I felt ALOT of change in a very short period. There is NO doubt in my mind Justin knows what these trucks need. When I was taking Justin back to his car, I dont know if he heard something or felt something, but he broke the laptop back out and "tweeked" a little more. He also mentioned that the 4.8 responds very well to a tune and that the 4.8 in RC trucks gets awesome results. My truck barks second with ease now and has a really nice exhaust note at cruise.:anitoof:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts