GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the cheapest/best set of long tubes out there?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The words "cheap" and "best" usually don't go together :) What kind of truck would these be going on?

Tom

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i'm just looking for a good quality set of headers at a good price. Going on a 5.3.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats Tog?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
The Other Guys

I Like ASM's personally, TOGs are a mid length, ASMs are a true longtube.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much for a set of ASM's?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
ASMs are ~$750 new and their coating SUCKS. I sold the set I had to DeToN8TeD, he had them recoated and looked great. That fact would keep me from every recommending or purchasing them again.

The Other Guys (TOG) are the best ones I've seen. They are ever so slightly shorter than ASMs. TOG build quality is superb.

Thorley makes a set also that are nice quality from what I've read. And can be scooped up for ~$450...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much would it cost to get a set of those thorleys installed?

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
The Other Guys

I Like ASM's personally, TOGs are a mid length, ASMs are a true longtube.

the tog's are a LT, the just have a collector that bolts on, so you can adjust them...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
pupper said:
How much would it cost to get a set of those thorleys installed?

Depends on what needs to move and what year your truck is...I'd say $200-400...

I'd spend that cash and get some tools to do future installs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the tools to do it. I could probably install them myself, but I don't think I could change the exhaust to bolt up to the headers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The thing is the closest exhaust shop is where you live. Its like 80 miles from Willcox to Tucson.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
pupper said:
I have the tools to do it. I could probably install them myself, but I don't think I could change the exhaust to bolt up to the headers.

Hrm, well do you have access to a MIG or TIG welder? That's all you really need.

Hell worse case you can cut the y-pipe like as if you were installing ASM LTs and get some high temp muffler tape to ghetto-rig it for when you roll to the exhaust place.

Don't be scared of driving open headers, I drove 20min with open LTs on my F150 when I installed them...

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
shit most cars around here have open headers......i forgot about thorleys they are nice.......anybody used these lt headmans that are out now?

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
pupper said:
The thing is the closest exhaust shop is where you live. Its like 80 miles from Willcox to Tucson.
there should be a weld shop or exhaust shop in your town... also Sierra Vista isnt as far for you as Tucson is... theres all kinds of towns down there for ya.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts