GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was torn on whether to throw on a set of drop spindles and drop hangers, bringing the truck down another 2 inches....

or toss on a set of lift spindles and coil spacers...
after some convincing I am leaning towards the lift running a 33" tire on my 20's......

3" lift spindles + 2" spacers

any recommendations for metric tire size? I know 33x12.5x20 but not sure about metric

also any recommendations for tires, I want something a/t or slightly more aggresive......I dont want them to look like overinflated street tires

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
My next set will be Toyo Open Country M/T's...you could go with Toyo Open Country A/T's if you don't want one that aggressive...And i think it might be a 305/55...

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
305/55/20 = just about 33", a hair more, but I think they look way better than 285's!

That's what I'm running. Nitto Terra Grapplers (which I don't really like in most other sizes unless they are wide, like you said, some cases look like over inflated street tires). I think mine look fairly aggressive, but not nearly as much as other M/T specific tires. My truck is my daily driver on expressway commutes though, and I couldn't deal with the hum of bigger knobbies.

How wide are your rims?

I think your truck really could look good either way, lifted more, or lowered. Or, if it were mine and a 2wd, I'd definitely be looking at some mid-travel kits!

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't even know it was possible. Learn something new every day.
ask your buddy Chad, he'll tell you :crazy:

I dont plan on taking it through mud, I've done that before, in fact under my hood is still muddy from the last time I did that @ the beginning of 08

I just want something a little bigger, I do like going off-road, and will probably be using it for going to the mountains and off the highway for hikes and stuff

not sure if they are x8's or x8.5's......I bought them used and havent measured them
I would not go with a taller 285 unless I got a killer deal

my 285's sit even with the edge of the fenders now and I know with the lift spindles the track will be slightly wider but I would prefer a wider tire

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have 2" drop shackles on right now, I will probably lift it up 1 inch so sitting @ 1" of drop in the back, and about 3.5" higher in the front......perfect amount of Cali

1 - 14 of 14 Posts