GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive spent the last week or so reasearching longtubes on here and i really dont know what to do. so yes, ive read all the threads and what not.

i have a 2004 sierra 2500 HD with the 6.0
i would like the lpp lt's (more low-mid power?)

my main question is that i have dual cherrybomb vortex mufflers now and ive been told that the true duals are bad? i wish i was told this before they were installed. what do i need to do to make the most power with the lt's and my current muffler setup. i would like to remove my cats but i dont really want all the rasp that comes with that. would and H or X pipe help this at all?

thanks.

oh and i plan on getting a bb tune as soon as they are installed.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I say just run an X pipe

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
magnaflow makes a muffer that is dual in and dual out with an internal xpipe, just something to consider

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
From what i read, the Y won't fit on the HD's. You might be better off just getting the headers and somehow connect them to your factory Y pipe. Adding an X pipe will make it MORE raspy. your setup shouldnt be too bad with the vortex mufflers. I'm running a single 3" straight-through muff behind my LPPs and its not too bad at all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i thought the whole point behind the x was to reduce rasp?
so what are people's thoughts on cats?
should i ditch them, use the stock or pick up some high flow cats?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
i ditched mine, the sound is different but i dont think i gain any power from it

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
i would keep my cats, personally.

Order up some high flow magnaflow cats and have a custom 3" ORY made at an exhaust shop.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
yea i thought the whole point behind the x was to reduce rasp?
so what are people's thoughts on cats?
should i ditch them, use the stock or pick up some high flow cats?
nope, a X helps with exhaust scavaging. The reduced rasp is a side affect.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i would keep my cats, personally.

Order up some high flow magnaflow cats and have a custom 3" ORY made at an exhaust shop.
well there wouldnt be a ORY because i have 2 mufflers and the Y would do me much good.

i think im going with the Lpp's some highflow cats into teh vortex mufflers.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Since there was not much response to our GP:( We are just putting the Headers and Y on sale for $450 and the Headers alone for $400 with free shipping to the continental US.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i saw that on the website.
thanks for the response by the way.

i think ill end up just getting the Y for the 50 bones and giving it to my exhaust guy and see if he thinks i should do just a single muffler and cat? worst comes to worse i can always just sell it if i end up sticking with the dual mufflers.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
From what i read, the Y won't fit on the HD's. You might be better off just getting the headers and somehow connect them to your factory Y pipe. Adding an X pipe will make it MORE raspy. your setup shouldnt be too bad with the vortex mufflers. I'm running a single 3" straight-through muff behind my LPPs and its not too bad at all.

Psst... dumbfuck, before giving out more awful advice, know that the HD trucks have true duals from the factory.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Psst... dumbfuck, before giving out more awful advice, know that the HD trucks have true duals from the factory.
sorry but you are wrong
the truck has duals into a single muffler then a single tail pipe.
if thats what you meant then word.
currently i have true duals. my manifolds leak and i might as well do lt's while im doing all that work.

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
Psst... dumbfuck, If the truck has said duals, then i'm correct, the Y pipe WONT fit, hence connecting to the factory exhaust. :ninja:

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
what i did on my 6.0 was loingtubes to custom bent pipes w/ cats to an Xpipe w/ SLP LM's right after the xpipe and then out the back.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
sorry but you are wrong
the truck has duals into a single muffler then a single tail pipe.
if thats what you meant then word.
currently i have true duals. my manifolds leak and i might as well do lt's while im doing all that work.
Cut open the muffler and you'll see it's dual in there also but one side is blocked off.

Psst... dumbfuck, If the truck has said duals, then i'm correct, the Y pipe WONT fit, hence connecting to the factory exhaust. :ninja:
Uh, you told him to connect to his stock Y pipe... there isn't one.

And yes you're a moron, you can't even get headers to seal up and resorted to RTV.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts