GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. No need to get into the fact I like my truck. This is only the second truck I have ever owned. Bought it as soon as I got a real job and started the little mods over the course of the last 8 years. The truck has come a long way. I always wanted a K5 and just loved the 2 doors. I bought the truck fresh off a lease and bone stock. First thing was to do the exhaust, intake, hood, bumper, grill, brush guard.....and on and on. Motor has been replaced with a 383 crate mots from GM, makes a ton of torque! It is close to 500lbs at the motor after you fctor in about a 20% drivetrain loss. Obvisouly has been lifted...DC 6.5" up front (stage 1), Procomp 6" srpings out back so no more blocks. topped off with 35/12.50 Procomp Extreme ATs, AR ATX mojave 17x8 wheels and 4.56 Yukon gears.

Mods are on hold right now, just bought a house!

As it sits now:
Truck4-18-09001.jpg

Truck4-18-09002.jpg

Truck4-18-09007.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

Before the lift:
IMG_5535.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

Dyno sheet:
DynoSheet383.jpg

My first truck, built myself. Bought it stock and brown!
MDShow-12.jpg

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
good looking rides!! theres a guy around here who has a red 2door thats looks almost identical to yours. im sure he will post up. welcome!!

·
car builder
58 Posts
great looking rig welcome from tn.

·
Registered
220 Posts
that tahoe is very nice

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Nice K5, i would clear the headlights then it would look perfect

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, I've seen bama on another forum. Thanks for the welcome guys. there are a lot of badass rides around here, makes me jealous

·
OBS 4X4 HOE!
179 Posts
Welcome Bowtiefreak. I swear I know that 2 door with the HT383 from TF & TYF.

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
welcome to gmfs nice looking trucks

·
Registered
745 Posts
:welcome: Nice truck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:welcome:

Sweet truck!

I'm curious on your engine setup. I'm planning on a 383 when I finally decide to replace my tired ole tree-fiddy. What fuel delivery system are you using? :hmm: Are you using the stock ECU? or some other engine management?:think:
I am running a GM crate motor. It is the HT383E, a direct swap from the 350. I use the stock ECU and FI. It really needed a custom tune though...I had it dyno tuned and that really woke it up. It was way to lean with out. The fuel ingection is just about maxed out so the next big upgrade will be the fuel system. Runs strong though.

·
For Offroad Use Only
285 Posts
I am running a GM crate motor. It is the HT383E, a direct swap from the 350. I use the stock ECU and FI. It really needed a custom tune though...I had it dyno tuned and that really woke it up. It was way to lean with out. The fuel ingection is just about maxed out so the next big upgrade will be the fuel system. Runs strong though.
Nice, Thanks for the info.

So you had it tuned at a local tuner? Do they specialize in tuning trucks? I'm assuming it wasn't a dealership.

Are you going to stay with the Throttle body when you upgrade or go to MPFI?

Sorry for all the questions, but these are questions that have been burning in my mind for a while now, and you have the answers! :worship: :crazy:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dyno sheet is above on the 383. It is my DD and runs smooth. I had PCM for less tune it at a local speed shop that had a dyno. really brought it to life. As for the upgrading the feul system...I have no idea where I am going with that. Who knows, if I ever find another truck to have as a DD this thing will go through a radical change I bet. Drove by a nice mid 80s k5 on the way intoday that is for sale....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts