GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....couple quick questions.

1. Top or bottom strut spacer?

2. What manufacturers to y'all recommend?

3. Where should I buy it?

Thank y'all a lot. I have been searching threads about this but I'm not finding out exactly what I want to know. I'm probably going with a 2" kit if that helps.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
i would go with a 2.5" CCM spacer.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I can find 10+ threads where someone asks this same question.

First what's your budget and second do you plan on ever going higher?

If you aren't going to lift again and have the money get the rough country 3" kit

If you might or you are on a budget them get the ccm offroad spacer. Its a 2.5" kit for like 85 bucks. I have one on my truck and its almost perfectly level

·
Registered
909 Posts
i have the top gun customz kit it was $89, at first i was not a big fan of the spacer kits id rather have the replacement strut levelin kit myself, but im a believer now, i really like the topgun kit i have and the truck rides alot smoother, one of the great things is u do not have to trim the studs on the top of the strut, i no some kits require that, not topgun, there kit is top of the line and i really like it, good luck with ur truck

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
i have the top gun customz kit it was $89, at first i was not a big fan of the spacer kits id rather have the replacement strut levelin kit myself, but im a believer now, i really like the topgun kit i have and the truck rides alot smoother, one of the great things is u do not have to trim the studs on the top of the strut, i no some kits require that, not topgun, there kit is top of the line and i really like it, good luck with ur truck
:shake:

I was waiting for your reply :crazy:

·
Registered
909 Posts
yea yea lol, if i had the money ida put a 6 inch lift on, im not a big fan of the 3.42 gears i have, my 2001 had 3.73s. i could do burn outs with the 3.73s with 35s. chevrolet really keeps screwin with there trucks, i swear by chevys but damn they just need to leave shit alone, we dont need traction control either!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. What is the advantage of a top spacer kit over the bottom spacer?

The bottom one looks easier to install.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
CCM 2.5" Leveling kit. Im still debating on sell my strut and spacer.... We will see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts