GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original plan was to just supercharge my 4.8. But after some debate and convincing from my builder who is also a childhood friend. We decided to just say "Fuck It" and we are now dropping in a 6.0L. We have several candidates in motors that he found at local junkyards. We may end up with a 6.0L from an 03 Silverado with 30K on the clock. The guy needs to verify they still have it and it isn't missing any vital pieces, if all goes good, we should have it mid week.

This also came in on Thursday.

We spoke to Magna and got some info on the difference between the 99-02 -03+ SC and it's just sensor positioning. They have adapters to work with my SC, so there shouldn't be any problems with the 03 motor. We are getting a cam once we get the motor so hopefully by the end of July everything will be set and done. I'm so excited!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Hope the trans and diff are built.

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The transmission was built not to long ago for 450HP, but I still don't trust it. I may end up getting a real tranny in the future, I've already started saving up for it. Differential is the only thing I'm afraid of for sure. But I won't get on it until I have the funds to start breaking stuff and replacing it. :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
i was told that the LQ9 6.0L outta the chevy ss has more HP stock then a reg 6.0L. Thats what im looking for. imhaveing trouble finding one. If you dont mind me asking how much is a 6.0L running?

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$1300.00 for the one we are getting. We tried finding an SS motor but we had no success either. We have a couple of choices but the 03 had less mileage than the other two. The other one was an Escalade 6.0L but it had 90K. That one was $1200.00 The other one was off a Yukon I think but that had well over 120K on the clock and they wanted $1K for that one.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
The transmission was built not to long ago for 450HP, but I still don't trust it. I may end up getting a real tranny in the future, I've already started saving up for it. Differential is the only thing I'm afraid of for sure. But I won't get on it until I have the funds to start breaking stuff and replacing it. :p

Torque breaks stuff, not HP.

i was told that the LQ9 6.0L outta the chevy ss has more HP stock then a reg 6.0L. Thats what im looking for. imhaveing trouble finding one. If you dont mind me asking how much is a 6.0L running?

And they have full floating pistons, beefier rods too. They're around for decent prices if you shop hard.

$1k for a 90k mi motor is too much.

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got everything I needed for the swap today.

Cam - LS1-GT7KIT from Lingenfelter with spring kit

Picked up the motor today. We got one from AZ shipped to us, $1200.00, about 1350 with tax. It came off a 2002 Yukon, 6.0 with 40K on the odometer. :)

Got a Stewart Warner Boost Gauge, that has similar fonts to the escalade cluster. Picked up a AC/Delco fuel pump for now as the SC will be using an external pump as well.

She goes in tonight to the shop, should be ready by Sunday evening if all goes well. Only thing that will hold us back now, is the PCM. Justin from Blackbear Perfomance came through at the last minute yesterday and sent us out a PCM so the truck could get running, til September, when I meet him up to do a dyno tune. Hopefully the PCM comes in Saturday if not, I can wait another couple days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts