GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I tried searching guys so dont get mad. I just went to get some tires on my nnbs ecsb 4x4 silverado. I told the guy at the shop I wanted 33"X12.50r18. he ordered me 325X60r18. is that going to fit on a my truck with a leveling kit? the tires are toyo open country a/t's. I know they will have to trim, but aside from that do you think I should have any problems. I havent seen anyone running this set up, thats why I am asking.
TIA!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock. z71 18's

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats ok. Other than that should I be ok?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Peoples definitions of "fit" vary quite a bit. I would say NO if I was betting money. Tell the guy to do his job and order what you want.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Peoples definitions of "fit" vary quite a bit. I would say NO if I was betting money. Tell the guy to do his job and order what you want.
well I said 33 12.50 and Im not quite sure if thats the same. I think it would be more like 33.4 X 13.00. but is that a huge differance. I know that alot of the tires arent true to the size.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Per the Toyo website, the specs on that tire (Toyo Open Country A/T - 325/60/18) are 33" H x 12.6" W. Sounds about right to me. I know people run that size tire on the OEM 20's with minimal rubbing and/or minor trimming. I can't give a definite answer on the OEM 18's. But, my inclination would be that it's gonna fit similarly to the 33x12.50x20's. Hopefully some others that are familiar with that exact set-up will chime in. Good luck...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Its is.
325/60/18 = 33.4x12.8/18

That is pretty wide. Yes, different brands measure different. Maybe some one else will chime in

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
well toyo doesnt make a specific 33x12.5...a 325/60/18 is the closest but they call it a 33x13, they will fit but will start to rub the sway bars when you getting close to full lock...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My 33x12.50 stt's rub my uca very slightly at full lock, i think only in reverse maybe???? :think:

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
my bro had 325/60/18 atz's....they fit on stock 18's fine but they did rub on the rear part of the fender and the sway bar of course...with some trimming you will be good.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so when you guys are talking about minor trimming, your refering to the black inner fender liner? I had to trim that on my nbs. If I am going to need to trim the actual metal on the fender then I will go a differant route. I expect to have to trim the plastic and I will rub the sway bar Im sure. thanks for all the input guys.

·
Banned
4,961 Posts
my 33x12.50r17 mtz's fit just fine on my truck with a 2.5" ccm leveling kit. they were on my stock 17" wheels. They only rubbed the sway bar when you had the wheel turned all the way. not a big deal at all. you had to turn the wheel all the way then that extra little 1" or so it turns then it would rub. I didn't trim a thing at all. no plastic no metal. didn't rub on anything at all except the sway bar. and it barely did.

it bothers me when people have absolutely no experience with said tire/rim combos and act like they know everything.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks z71offroader and lifted_gmc. Your comments are exactly what I am wondering about. Looks like they should be ok unless at full turn.

·
Registered
350 Posts
What bothers me is when people spend 30K on a truck, want to spend $1500 in tires, and won't pay a couple hundred bucks to lift it right.

Then in a couple months here comes the "clunking" or "vibration" threads.:suicide:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What bothers me is when people spend 30K on a truck, want to spend $1500 in tires, and won't pay a couple hundred bucks to lift it right.

Then in a couple months here comes the "clunking" or "vibration" threads.:suicide:
well first of all it isnt a "couple hundred bucks to lift it right". Second of all I did the leveling kit because it said it will clear 33" tires. Im trying to see if it is actually good for that. the tires I want arent exactly 33"s so I was trying to find some answers.

·
Registered
350 Posts
it bothers me when people have absolutely no experience with said tire/rim combos and act like they know everything.
I was responding to this...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no problem eric :shake:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts