GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I'm down to either the BF Goodrich radial Long Trail T/As or the Cooper Discoverer H/Ts

I like the tread on both of them, the Coopers are cheaper than the BFGs. But the BFGs are Radials.

I thought about going with the Coopers, but the BFGs are still in my head about it. I've seen the Cooper Discoverer H/Ts in person...but the BFGs I have not yet.

Help, please. I know it all comes down to personal preference, but damn it's hard to choose between the two. Only thing that's made up my mind is the Coopers because of the price, but I like the BFGs because they are radials.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Coopers are radials as well. Both are good tires but Coopers are damn good for the money. Might want to look into Mastercraft as well; they're made by Cooper and I've always gotten good service out of them.

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
If you're looking for a highway all-season tire, I've got to give a shout out to these...

Alenza.jpg

Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza

I've got a set of 235/75/15 OWL on my DD Explorer, and LOVE them. Best tire I've put on that truck. Quiet, responsive, smooth, wears well, looks good (real good looking tire!), excellent traction in wet or dry. It's not biased to off-roading, but I don't go mudding in it anyways.

frontsidesmall.jpg

The Bridgestones are a premium tire, but over 40k miles of use, the difference in $ is almost not even worth factoring in.

I've had cheap tires, mid-grade, and premiums. It's worth a few extra $ to me to get a quality tire, and a brand I trust. I feel that with tires, you get what you pay for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts