GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright,
I've bought some 17x8 H2 wheels off eBay with a set of tires with reportedly 1000 mile BFGoodrich All Terrains. It's all five as take offs from the stock "truck" so it includes the spare tire. The guy said they're 305/70-17" even though I think the stock H2 came with 315s. Either way I think I'll need a little lift in the front of my stock 2500HD.
I read on the Offroad-Tech Torsion bar detail that GM Green Keys (Part #15592573) will lift the truck. Now I have questions:
1. Is this true?
2. Do I need two? Partszoneonline.com lists it at like $21 for that part number.
3. Is there any difference right to left?

Thanks in advance

Later
Chris

·
Registered
162 Posts
Unless they were a second set that was not factory matched correctly, those are 315's. However BFG's tend to measure a bit on the short side. I bet you could actually tape them mounted and get a 33" measurement. Should fit with a big crank or keys.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
I bet they'll fit on an HD with little to no crank

look at twotones truck, he had 36's (don't remember the exact size) with a crank and trimming

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Search dood. I got 34's on stock keys cranked on a half ton 305/70/17 = 34" nominal size tire. Prolly 33" on the weight.
SEARCH. ths topic is beat to death.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts