GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done tons of searches on this subject, but I just wanted to double check some things.

First I have a TT3000, billet sevos, and a trans cooler, installed right now. I am going to put in the TransGo shift kit that has been sitting in my room for 4 months this week.

I am not going to put any washers in the 2nd accumulator body because of the billet servos I installed, but a I am going to install the orange and blue springs, right?

I don't know if I should install the red or the white spring in the valve body, not sure, because of the billet servos I installed. What one should I use with billet servos?

I am not going to grind a chamfer for the faster reverse release, I don't see a need for this. Is this going to be a problem?

On the separator plate I am going to the .093 bit, the bigger one, for every thing, but not sure about the 1-2 shift hole. It says use the .093 for full race & high stall, but I heard not to do the full race mode. Should I use the smaller bit, .082, for this hole?

In one of the bags I got two little metal caps, all most look like check balls hollowed out, were do these go?

I am thinking I should get these. If I do, do they replace any of the TransGo parts?
Pinless Accumulator Piston
Pinless Accumulator Piston
Servo Release "Check Valve"
How do I know what I need? If I call the site do you think they will be able to help me?

I am sorry for all the questions, but I am very nervous about this install. I know I can do it, but just what some more info.

Thanks!
Ben

I am going to need alot of
gr_chug.gif
when I am done with this!

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
man your definatly gonna [email protected]#k this one up.....j/k.

i would do the smaller hole on the 1-2 shift even though you have the high stall. (you can always go back and drill it bigger)

Its prabably safe not to put the washers in at first, besides you can add them later if your not satisfied with the shifting.

i am not sure about the spring colors, but im sure you can get an answer directly from transgo.

as for chamfering for a quicker reverse release, why? i dont see the point. but i guess it wouldnt hurt anything.
Good luck,
Dan

p.s. did you remove torque management yet?

p.p.s. what does my time say in my sig...?? j/k

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Okay here we go...

First, go exactly per the instructions.

You'll want to use orange and blue in that 1-2 accumulator. That will firm up the 1-2 shift and whatnot.

Look at that lil bit that comes out of the tranny to tell you what Red or White goes in place. I'm thinking White but don't hold that to me. Compare the part to the manual and choose from there.

Grinding the manual valve isn't imparative but it's nice. You could also toss the check ball that controls the feed to the valve eliminating the need to grind the manual valve.

You don't need .093s for all the holes! lol. A smaller one for the 1-2 should be fine...the billet intermediate applys like 35% more than the 'Vette servo. 9/128" is ~.070" lol That's where I'd start for that. This epiphany came to me about 3 weeks ago keeping the 1-2 shift from being harsh with the billets! lol

The 2-3 I'd go for the .093. And .082 for the 3-4, 4th is a weak ass gear anyway mainly due to that accumulator for it and poor band quality stock.

Those things in a bag I believe are cup plugs for rebuilds...something about a reverse piston or some shit.

Servo release check valve from Sonnax helps with the 3-2 down shift. The accumulators made from aluminum...

1. You can go with OE GM ones and keep the pins
2. You can go with Sonnax ones and go pinless
3. Eitherway get rid of the plastic ones! lol

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Glad to be of assistance...off to finish my cake soon! lol

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
LOL, damn that cake was good. I think I will make a post about it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fullthrottledan said:
did you remove torque management yet?
I have 80% removed, but I am calling Allen this week to get it all removed an to send him some EFILive logs.

Hit Man X - I knew you would chime in and help me out. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I think I have everything. Just need to get some more trans fluid, and get a hold of Allen.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I know this is a little change of subject here but the talk of torque management got me going. I am going to be ordering my Nelson Tune this week and I have been mulling over the amount of torque management to remove. What is the "recommended" amount of torque management removal? I am thinking about removing 65-75%, but I have made no transmission mods and would really not like to if I don't have to. Would this be a good amount or should I go higher or lower?

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
well, i removed 80% on my stock tranny(62k miles) and i have had a nelson tune for about 8k miles, and everything works great, no problems at all.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Hit Man X said:
You don't need .093s for all the holes! lol. A smaller one for the 1-2 should be fine...the billet intermediate applys like 35% more than the 'Vette servo. 9/128" is ~.070" lol That's where I'd start for that. This epiphany came to me about 3 weeks ago keeping the 1-2 shift from being harsh with the billets! lol

so your saying go .070 for the 1-2 with billet servos?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the 4L60E - series C, UPC# - 1995010005
onyx said:
Thats what I got from it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I have no TqMgt any more in my truck. I've known stock or near stock trucks with no tranny mods to have no TqMgt either and run fine.

It all comes down to how much power you are making. The only tqMgt I see as staying would be pulling timing from the WOT shift. The rest of it is stupid...Abuse Mode, dropping line pressure, etc.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
onyx said:

Well that will keep the firmness of the 1-2 shift down.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i like nice smooth shifts... firm is nice too i guess, well only when i floor it do i actually want to feel it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats what I am going after!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well don't expect smooth like stock shifts with a TransGo and billets! lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts