GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum
I need yor help, i have a 97 Tahoe 4x4. I put on Ranchos Add a Leaf and sinc i have finish the work and go on the Street for my first Ride i have a constand noise comming from each Leaf Package. Some days louder some Days not so loud. When i put each side apart i clean every Leaf from the Rust and Grease it very well, each one on every Side.I try any Type of Lubricate from Rust off to WD 40. Try to loosen the Nuts for a half turn. I have no Idea what i can try more. Plese give me some meanfull hints.
Greetings from Germany
Ben

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
i know on the older chevys they had this little thin piece of plastic (i think, not sure what it was made of really) that stooped the leafs from making noise
it sat between the leafs and the axle
if you had these and removed hem that could be your problem right there

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Some leaf springs have friction pads stuck between the leafs to reduce friction and wear and tear, as the suspension cycles though its travel. The leafs on my old truck got squeeky every once in a while, especially if mud or water got between them.. try spraying your leafs with some WD-40... it helped me

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Make sure you have the friction pads, if you dont get some and put them in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.