GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate how long the stock FM antenna is. Is there any shorter ones, like little stubby ones? Ive looked and cant seem to find any. If i get a shorter one then my reception will go down right?

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can do the antenna delete , i saw on my silveradoss site the antenna is hidden in the fender , does affect a little on the reception , but shorter one will do the same

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
just get the hidden one that can go inside and shave the outer one

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
I plan to do the delete mod and get the hidden one in my front windshield above my rearview mirror

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
cool idea, I didnt know about that

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Hidden Antenna
It maybe to big to put up behind my rearview but will see when I buy it this spring

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
i've done the 'hidden' antenna thing. just order the 8 dollar plastic panel ( for NBS trucks ) and re-route the antenna to the fender well. i ran a new ground wire from the antenna back to the base that is origanally mounts to and i lost ZERO of my radio recepection. works great, and looks awesome.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can anyone post a picture of how they ran the ground to the base? I think i have it right but i just want to make sure. Hopefully ordering the cover in the next few days

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I havnt noticed any difference. I rarely listen to the radio but its a great mod. Wish i had a camera to put a pic on to see if its on right

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Can anyone post a picture of how they ran the ground to the base? I think i have it right but i just want to make sure. Hopefully ordering the cover in the next few days

really you cant mess it up. just run some wire from the one of the hole in the antenna back to one of the screws in the base that you took out. mine had like 3 screws in it. i went through some old stuff and found a nut and bolt that would fit the antenna side, crumped some wire to one of those flat metal conects with a hole it it. bolted one side to the antenna and the other to the base. (i put one of those connectors on both ends) works great.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i just did this today. i put the antenna in the a-pillar though. will post up pics if anyone wants to check it out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts