GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running the 35's for about 9 months/12,000 miles with around 32,000 miles total on the odometer. The brakes haven't had the stopping power that they did with stock tires and now they are sweaking loudly when cold. They may just be dirty or they may need new pads. After I drive a while the noise isn't noticeable.

Are there any heavier duty pads than the ones that come from the factory that might give me more firm braking?

I also checked my parking brake on a steep hill. It held for about 1 second then started rolling down the hill. When I mash the parking brake, it goes all the way to the floor real easy. How do I tighten it up a little? I saw this on another thread, but did not see the "how to do it" posted.

Thanks!

Scott :bowtie:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
As far as your brakes go, short of getting new rotors and crap the most you can do is put better pads in. As far as the parkign break, if its just out of adjustment go under the truck on the driver side, and along the outside of the frame you will see the parking brake cable. It splits in 2 about half way back between your rear wheel and your door. You can tighten it there, you will see what im talking about. See if that helps any.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'm was running 35's with the stock rotors for a while and braking was shit. So I upgraded my rotors to the Power Slot rotors and replaced pads with Hawk brake pads. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much from the combination but after having them installed, I was quite impressed. I did notice an improvement in brake firmness and stopping distance. I also slammed on the brakes a couple of times to make sure and I noticed a dramatic improvement. I would have gone with a big brake kit from SSBC ($1000+) or the Stillen statix ($900), but I just didn't have the $$$$$. For $230 I got the power slot rotors and hawk pads shipped to my door. The best deal I've found is at competitionwarehouseusa.com. Just say you saw them on ebay and they'll shipped the stuff for free. I believe their ebay IDs are "mopar.parts" and "competitionwarehouseusa" And as long as you don't live in florida, there's no sales tax. Hope that helps and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lokoh said:
For $230 I got the power slot rotors and hawk pads shipped to my door. The best deal I've found is at competitionwarehouseusa.com.

I went to their webpage and it looks like they don't carry rotors for NBS trucks. I was having a difficult time getting the page to load anyway. I am at my part time job and the computer I'm using runs out of memory quick and doesn't display too many pics. :bawl:

Scott

·
Registered
709 Posts
ScottzZ said:
I went to their webpage and it looks like they don't carry rotors for NBS trucks. I was having a difficult time getting the page to load anyway. I am at my part time job and the computer I'm using runs out of memory quick and doesn't display too many pics. :bawl:

Scott
Just email them and tell them what truck you have and they'll find you the right parts. That's how I did it. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts