GMC Truck Forum banner

Any brake upgrades for 35" tires?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lokoh 
I'm was running 35's with the stock rotors for a while and braking was shit. So I upgraded my rotors to the Power Slot rotors and replaced pads with Hawk brake pads. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much from the combination but after having them installed, I was quite impressed. I did notice an improvement in brake firmness and stopping distance. I also slammed on the brakes a couple of times to make sure and I noticed a dramatic improvement. I would have gone with a big brake kit from SSBC ($1000+) or the Stillen statix ($900), but I just didn't have the $$$$$. For $230 I got the power slot rotors and hawk pads shipped to my door. The best deal I've found is at competitionwarehouseusa.com. Just say you saw them on ebay and they'll shipped the stuff for free. I believe their ebay IDs are "mopar.parts" and "competitionwarehouseusa" And as long as you don't live in florida, there's no sales tax. Hope that helps and let us know what you decide.

ScottzZ said:
I went to their webpage and it looks like they don't carry rotors for NBS trucks. I was having a difficult time getting the page to load anyway. I am at my part time job and the computer I'm using runs out of memory quick and doesn't display too many pics. :bawl:

Scott
Just email them and tell them what truck you have and they'll find you the right parts. That's how I did it. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.