GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw harbor freight has cheap scan tools, are any of these worth a damn? Im trying to find one to maybe fix some trouble codes in my truck, and fix my non working gas gauge.

·
Registered
454 Posts
most of harbor freight products arn't very good quality. when i got to work tomorrow ill ask what the guys use for trouble codes

·
Registered
12 Posts
for a do it yourself, id look at MAc tools line of hand held scanners, i have 2, the first i bought was like 65 bucks., scans, clears, shows readiness indicators, which is a big help for me living in MA, for inspections, and it automatically reads vin number so no wasting time programming, and the newest one mac just came out with has all teh same features, plus additional buttons for scrolling up and down, id definately spend the extra bucks for the scrolling buttons. its that much nicer. -jim

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
We've got an Equus 3130 at the house. I'm a big fan of it. Logs all the real time data, has a print to computer function so I can save it if I want, detects the VIN, has an O2 testing feature, has all the specific non-generic codes form the OEM as well as the normal ones. It's handy.

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
I got a MAC Tools one..picked it up for around $70. Works out great for me.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mainly looking for one to read sensor codes or trouble to try and figure out why my gauges dont work etc. or clear any old trouble codes becasue my truck has high mileage and ive added many new replacement parts fuel pump sending unit all that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts