398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Im not reading all that. Post whats been done so far.

Check or change the hoses. I had the lower hose suck flat under certain conditions and overheat.

·
why not ls swap it?
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No not really. I've felt hoses coming form radiator and they are all equally warm. We just drove it home and left it idling for a while and ac blew cold, temp was good and nothing leaking, yet. After all the new stuff I'm not really sure what else I can try and do at the house.

·
why not ls swap it?
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New thermostat, fan clutch, radiator fan motor. I'll check the hoses again. If it's collapsing it must be going back to normal state after the episode. After it pours fluid, we let it cool, add fluid and all is well for days and even few weeks at a time

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
I don't know. But you have a lot of things to do in the future - including wifeing your broad.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
thought this was going to be a thread related to medical doctors :eek:kay2:

·
why not ls swap it?
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know. But you have a lot of things to do in the future - including wifeing your broad.
Yeah..... Date set and wedding paid for already::)) but she wants to keep this piece of crap SUV

·
why not ls swap it?
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
My wifes 08 xterra takes forever to heat up but knock on wood no issues that you are describing. Could be a collapsed hose, buy a spring for it at an auto parts store.

·
why not ls swap it?
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spring for the hose? The mechanic that did all he previous work has it now. He says he's going to take care of the issue for free whatever it is short of "needing a new motor". Hopefully I should have it back tomorrow and will update. Only things left are radiator, water pump and hoses. We shall see

·
why not ls swap it?
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shop is replacing the water pump which they think is completely fine... They have inspected all hoses and everything seems fine.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yes the spring goes inside the hose to keep it from collapsing.

·
why not ls swap it?
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got this stupid jap machine back! lol hopefully all is well, after a new water pump, thermostat, radiator motor, and motor clutch. We shall see!

·
why not ls swap it?
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And we stay down the same road..... :throw:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
sounds like air in the system or just a bad rad.

·
why not ls swap it?
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like it was just a bad radiator. 60 degree temp difference from one side to another. Good news, we kept the receipt from the new one we put in 3 years ago and it had a lifetime warranty which included clogs. $150 we didn't have to spend after all the other repairs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts