GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need another 1" of lift to clear my new tires so they won't rub, unless someone can show me exactly what they cut on their nnbs (METAL) im not willing to do it. So my question is, could I use the lower strut spacers since i have a 2wd and don't have to worry about cv angles. heck even 3/4" might do it.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah theres a thread in the pics section, there crappy cell pics, I forgot my camera at my buddies, ill get it back this weekend, and take some pics once i clean the truck up.

if some one could show me where they cut the metal on their nnbs, ill be willing to give it a shot, I just want to see what it looks like after trimmed up first, The guy who had them (BLKz71) said he got them to not rub by just tapping things with a hammer a bit and trimming off some of the plastic, ive done both, and its still rubbin

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
When I first dropped my truck I got a killer deal on some 305 50 20's and ran them. They're 32 inches tall 12 inches wide. Too big of a tire to be used on a dropped truck, but they were cheap and I was broke.

I trimmed my fender plastics and the part of the front fender that is lowest. Just have someone cut the wheels for you and watch where it rubs. Get a cut off wheel and start cutting.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can see where it rubs now, i may give it a shot this weekend, for now 3 point turns will be 7 point turns.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Are you sure it needs metal cut? I had to trim some of the inner fender of mine. Make sure you have someone watch and know exactly where is rubs before you go cutting metal.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am almost positive it is hitting metal, I was pretty tired last night when I put everything on but i will look again tomorrow. they are 20x10" rims with 275 tires, and they have a 5" backspace.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
275/60/20 cooper zeons, on 20x10" pro comp 6059's -12 offset 5" backspace.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
4x4 guy's are rubbing 33's on 20x10's with a 6" lift, just cut it, it's only metal. you got a spacer on a 2wd

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
no rubbing with 37s on 20x10s

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright ill cut it, the only reason I bought these was because i was told with some hammering/a razor knife, they fit without rubbing, blkz71 isn't the greatest seller, a lot of bullshit involved with the sale but he eventually made things right. I have .5" more lift than he did in the front and hammered,trimmed and it still rubs.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
4x4 guy's are rubbing 33's on 20x10's with a 6" lift, just cut it, it's only metal. you got a spacer on a 2wd
also who cares if its 2wd. stock 4x4 and stock 4x2 are the same height

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
10"+ wide wheels kill these nnbs trucks

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well anyone have some 20's theyd like to trade me that are x8's or x9's? haha

·
Bag Envy
2,247 Posts
Just get the zone 1.5. Trust me cutting the brackets isn't a big thing. And if ya wanna go back to stock you can find all kinds of stock brackets from wrecked trucks on ebay. I got 20x10's on 36x15.50 tires and with my zone bl,fabtech and spacer I barely had to trim anything.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ugh decisions decisions, I am going to look a little harder at the truck tomorrow after work and see if I can bring myself to cut it, if not i guess ill have to buy the zone.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts