GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Sony mex-bt2500 last year that got stolen monday. I'm not any kind of huge serious car audio guy, I got an ear injury 10 years back that makes it so I'm never going to be able to hook up subs or anything big again but to this non-serious car audio guy the mex-bt2500 was one of the best decks I've ever had, and probably one of the only sony products I've owned that I actually liked. (Except for the bright blue ricer leds on the front).

things I liked about it were:
handsfree bluetooth speaker phone
bluetooth stereo audio
an input
browsing through folders of mp3s on a cd
remote that can browse folders

Anything I repalce it with I want to have those things.

I was looking at the new model sony mex-bt2700 that's the same but adds pre-outs (don't care)

a blaupunkt hamburg mp57 that has bluetooth, aux in, plus a usb port, can play mp3s off a card or thumbdrive. I thought the usb might be kind of cool but I just read this deck only does bt handsfree, no bt audio.

And I also saw a Dual XDMA6415 on crutchfield.com that has everything the Blau and the new Sony have. It's kind of ugly but if it works good I think this may be it.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_070XD6415/Dual-XDMA6415.html?c=3&tp=5684&avf=N&tab=detailed_info

Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm wanting to spend $150ish.

Those shitstabbers who took mine also took the mounting and wiring kits, those are free from crutchfield but If I buy a deck somewhere else does anyone have suggestions where to buy that stuff cheap?

edit: also another question. 99 Tahoe LT that from the factory had a cassette din-and-a-half and tiny separate slaved cd deck, would it have had speed-sensitive volume control? I don't think I ever even turned on the factory deck, I put my own in the night I bought the tahoe so I don't know. Some of the stereos on crutchfield say they support speed adaptive volume if you have the wire there. (and I have mud terrains now so this could be nice)

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
dual is cheap for a reason.
just get a cheap pioneer if you dont need nav.
:imo

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
If all you are using the dual for is the nav, and not an amazing sound system it will be fine. But the preamp outputs do not have high enough voltage for a good system.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kenwood KDC-BT838U :imo
thanks, This sounds pretty good so far just reading the specs.

If all you are using the dual for is the nav, and not an amazing sound system it will be fine. But the preamp outputs do not have high enough voltage for a good system.
I dont want nav built in to my stereo. I had a separate gps (they stole that monday too) and I'm planning on getting another sometime. I need to be able to take it into another car.
And the preamp outs I don't really care about, just going to be using built in power on anything I buy.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
well if all you want is a CD player, you can get a cheap pioneer for around $100 that will actually last. I put a $120 one in my gf's jeep about 3 1/2 years ago without a hickup

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
I'd get a cheap cd player, like 100-150. And for a GPS, try and get one with bluetooth and an fm transmitter IMO. I dont know how the prices are on units like that anymore, but that way no matter what car you go in, you'll have your nav and bluetooth

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kenwood KDC-BT838U :imo
I just ordered this, $150 factory refurbished with warranty free ship from ebay. Was $20ish cheaper than new and has a warranty so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've read through the manual for this thing twice now and am really liking what I'm reading.

I liked a few things better about the pioneer mentioned a few posts up but couldn't find it any cheaper than $250

Is there a good place to buy a mount kit and wiring kit online cheap? I've found what I need on ebay and on www.installer.com but its going to be more than $30 shipped and I can get them both for that price at walmart or autozone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts