GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, does anybody on here have a pretty fast OBS truck with the old TBI motor in it? I'm gonna be doin some work on mine this summer and was wonderin if any of yall have been there. If so, could you post 1/4 mile time and what your setup is? Thanks.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
Travis - An excellent site with plenty of information for TBI engines is www.tbichips.com

The first mod you should do - Get ahold of Brian over there, and he can custom burn you a chip, along with a lower temp thermostat, you'll gain some pep!

A cold air intake and headers do wonders as well!

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Just curious, does anybody on here have a pretty fast OBS truck with the old TBI motor in it? I'm gonna be doin some work on mine this summer and was wonderin if any of yall have been there. If so, could you post 1/4 mile time and what your setup is? Thanks.
If you want a fast TBI truck, one of the things you will have to do is swap to a larger throttle body, better intake, better heads, and a cam. There are small mods that will make the truck torquey as hell. Bottom line, the engine just can't get enough air the way it is set from the factory. Also, a chip will have to be burned for it.

I am kind of going nuts. I will have a TBI 406 using Holley's 900 CFM 4 barrel throttle body.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I've checked out that website a few times and I plan on getting a chip from there. I want to order one but I'm gonna wait until after I've done a few of my mods. For Black350HO, does anybody know what he has besides a blower?

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
1994 330HO gm creat motor TBI, 150 wet nitrous, cam 212/222 435in/460ex,
4.11 eaton posi, 4l60e B&M shift kit, tunercat tune, 1/4 [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow....is that still a full weight truck, no reduction? Any Idea how many horses?

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
maby 300 RWH +150 shot so looking at around 420 RWHP
never ran the bottle at the track

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, so I'm guessing it would be close to 12's then with nitrous....Is it your truck or you just know what he has?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts