GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone backed into my front drivers side fender last night and decided to drive off without leaving a note. I filed a police report and talked to the neighbors, but nobody saw it happen, so I'm basically screwed.

Anyone recommend a bodyshop in the OKC/Moore/Norman/Newcastle/Tuttle area?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That got too much damage to fix. A shop will probably sugest a new fender because it will be cheaper. My advice is for you to go to Del City Pick Up Junkyard. Off SE 29th and Bryant. Get the fender from another truck and then have it painted. I know a good painter that can do it for you cheap. Or you can just buy the fender new from Certifit, off MacArthur.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
new fender, and just get it painted. best thing to do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right...it's definitely a new fender + paint type job, but I'll have the bodyshop do all the work. I've heard removing and hanging the fender is harder than it looks. I want it done right, so I'll leave it to the pros.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
There is a member on here, slanteyez or something like that that manages a body shop in OK somewhere, maybe he'll chime in.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
ya im in tulsa. i would get a salvage yard fender they are cheap and oem. certi fit never fits and your gaps will always be off a lil

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called Del City pickup and they want $75 - $100 for a used fender. slanteye_z, what should I expect to pay to have a bodyshop remove the old fender, hang the used fender I bring them, and paint it to match?

I'm going to get a few estimates today, but it would be nice knowing a reasonable amount so I know I'm not getting screwed.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I called Del City pickup and they want $75 - $100 for a used fender. slanteye_z, what should I expect to pay to have a bodyshop remove the old fender, hang the used fender I bring them, and paint it to match?

I'm going to get a few estimates today, but it would be nice knowing a reasonable amount so I know I'm not getting screwed.
right across the street from del city pu parts is collision works. friends bro in law runs that and i had my 04 ass shaved over there.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That got too much damage to fix. A shop will probably sugest a new fender because it will be cheaper. My advice is for you to go to Del City Pick Up Junkyard. Off SE 29th and Bryant. Get the fender from another truck and then have it painted. I know a good painter that can do it for you cheap. Or you can just buy the fender new from Certifit, off MacArthur.
I hate quoting myself but sometimes I need to for folks that can't read, no offense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts