GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TEAM WHITE!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to do some pretty serious reconstruction to my dash im not sure if anyones done this before but im thinking of taking out my guage cluster and fiberglassing onto the whole dash piece a panel that i could mount a set of auto meters in this is 99 tahoe dash any tips or pictures or ideas on the subject from someone whos done anything similar in the past would be greatly appreciated im decent with glass but ive never attempted something quite like this and id like to get it done right cant hurt to try right :weld: :rocking:

·
Registered
477 Posts
This guy did a complete custom fiberglass dash setup in a 2000 Silverado. (Dash pics start on page 2 or 3) Personally, I don't like it, but to each his own. It's more extreme than what you're talking about.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202839&highlight=silverado

As for what you're talking about, I think it would probably look out of place. Unless the truck is completely custom rod with everything changed, it's just look funny I think. That kind of thing looks better in a classic truck. I think you'd be better off to pick a set of aftermarket guages from someone like US Speedo or similar to change the look a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts