GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kenwood Excelon KVT 911 DVD/CD/Receiver Touch Screen?

I am having this installed tomorrow but want to make sure its a good unit...

Any info on it?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
err. my personal preference is STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM KENWOOD. Try the clarion touch screen with dvd player:read:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well any reason to stay away? 2yr warrenty didnt sound bad. They have this unit installed in the owers truck and their show truck... I looked at both installed and it had a great picture and everything... But I got it with the sirius, installed with tax for $1750... Not sure how good of a deal that is... He said it was an awesome deal and I have ran over 5K through this shop with my last 3 trucks, so they give me a price break, but im not always sure how good of a deal they do me... They gave me the unit for $1500 and then there is labor, antenna, and tax...So I thought I did pretty good...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
err... ok, my personal experience with kenwood has been bad. A bunch of my friends have had kenwood decks, and they've all failed. From things fomr the lights not working to complete failure.

You should be able to get the clarion unit for under 1000. I think awhile back, thezeb.com had it for 600 bucks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
yea i got the thezeb.com 7" clarion one for $600. it doesnt play dvd's, so i just use my ps2, but other than that its great. everyone trips out when they find out its a touchscreen. the picture quality is great and the sound is good too, and u can use sirius with it. good luck man.

·
Registered
299 Posts
how did u wire up that ps2 in there and mount it......i've really been wantin to do that just am :crazy: when it comes to electronics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts