GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife had one, and I picked this up yesterday at Gander CHEAP...

I am looking for roof rack configurations for kayaks - anyone sport one?

I even though about fabbing one up myself for the both of them...I love the look of the Tahoe with them up top!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
i will snap a picture of my buddy's truck this weekend. he has a ladder rack that goes around his camper shell that he keeps his kayak's on when we go. i just throw them in the bed, which i guess is what makes having a truck so nice. haha

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
I throw mine in the bed of my truck; but I have loaded quite a few for people at work. From what I've seen Yakima makes the best built rack I've seen.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Just bought one today from a friend for $100. He's only used it one time.. we both use to work at a sporting goods store and he bought it when working there.

Pelican Pursuit 100, figured it would be good exercise and fun to take out in the bays on the lake this spring summer and fall. Maybe try to do some fishing out of it. :shrug:
This is what it looks like, no pics of it yet.

·
Registered
634 Posts
somewhat canoe, its a stealth 2000, i usually just put mine in bed but this time was going on a weekend hunting trip with couple friends. filled up the bed with tons of crap so had to throw the boat on top. worked out fine just looked goofy..

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Took my kayak out for the first time today with a friend from class. Went down clarks river close to town probably about 4miles. Water was real low.. lots of places we were bottoming out. It was fun though, going to the lake tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Yeah thats why I always get someone else to go, never know when something could go wrong.. I always keep my life jacket either on or between my feet. But getting a friend to go I have someone to talk to. It is alot different experience than just being out in a boat. I like the fact that its quiet and relaxing. I was hooked first time I took mine out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts