GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been tossing this idea around in my head and would love to see what it looks like, having a hard time finding it anywhere though. Post some pics up if you got em!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
35x12.50s welcome also!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
There are a bunch of guys leveled and 1.5 BL running 33s. Should give the same look. Check them out.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
There are a bunch of guys leveled and 1.5 BL running 33s. Should give the same look. Check them out.
This, Level + 1.5" BL is within 1-2" fender height of a 4-6" RCX. Only difference is the RCX has awesome angles at the same de-cranked height as a cranked level.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Might be gettin ready to do a 4inch lift on my truck have it leveled now but want a lil more.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Might be gettin ready to do a 4inch lift on my truck have it leveled now but want a lil more.
4" & 6" RCX are the same lift, only difference is rear block, and the amount of cranking on the TB's. 4" RCX, with de-cranked stock keys on 33's or something like a 305/55/20 would ride awesome, and your front end would thank you coming from a levelled stance. :imo

·
Registered
223 Posts
4" & 6" RCX are the same lift, only difference is rear block, and the amount of cranking on the TB's. 4" RCX, with de-cranked stock keys on 33's or something like a 305/55/20 would ride awesome, and your front end would thank you coming from a levelled stance. :imo
Thats what I was thinking. I allready have to replace a cv axle so I needed something to keep that from happening again

·
Registered
223 Posts
I also dont have the stock keys. When I bought the leveling kit they installed it too and didnt give me the stock keys.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
I also dont have the stock keys. When I bought the leveling kit they installed it too and didnt give me the stock keys.
Stock keys can be had on ebay for like $40-50 bucks.

Otherwise you won't be able to go quite as low, fully de-cranked leveling keys are still indexed for more lift at low crank, so your gunna be around 5" at lowest.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Stock keys can be had on ebay for like $40-50 bucks.

Otherwise you won't be able to go quite as low, fully de-cranked leveling keys are still indexed for more lift at low crank, so your gunna be around 5" at lowest.
would I still need to go 33s or could I fit 35s

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
would I still need to go 33s or could I fit 35s
the fact that the RCX only drops the diff 4.5", to get a true 6" of lift, its basically same angles as a levelled truck... So to fit 35's on aftermarket wheels requires trimming, no metal, but bottom of bumper and fender liner most often. Rear your fine.

What size/kind of wheels you plan to run?

·
Registered
223 Posts
the fact that the RCX only drops the diff 4.5", to get a true 6" of lift, its basically same angles as a levelled truck... So to fit 35's on aftermarket wheels requires trimming, no metal, but bottom of bumper and fender liner most often. Rear your fine.

What size/kind of wheels you plan to run?
I have a offroad bumper so im fine with trimming a lil plastic on the fenders.

I plan on gettin 18 or 20 inch anthem wheels idk what kinda offset tho

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
I have a offroad bumper so im fine with trimming a lil plastic on the fenders.

I plan on gettin 18 or 20 inch anthem wheels idk what kinda offset tho
The A721's look sweet!! 20x9 with -12 on a 305/55/20 would go awesome with 4" RCX, your keys de-cranked.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The A721's look sweet!! 20x9 with -12 on a 305/55/20 would go awesome with 4" RCX, your keys de-cranked.
Yeah its hard to choose between the 712s and those they both look good and im gettin ready to have my bumper repowdered with a kinda flat black so its hard to choose

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Back to the original question tho would it help if I did regear axles?
Height wise? no... (original question). But do you have factory 3.42's or 3.73's? 4.8L, 5.3L or 6.0L? You do highway, or town or both?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
I've got a BL sitting here waiting to be put on top of my leveling kit on my RCSB ......

But, I keep leaning towards holding off until I could save up for a 4" RCX NTD.... 20s/33s. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts