GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
totally worthless is what they are....4'' in the dash and 4x10 in the back. your best bet is to do a cut out for 6.5s in the kickpanels and cut out 6x9s in the factory 4x10 space you can use a plate out of 1/4 inch mdf wrapped in carpet for a clean install out back.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
mood_indigo said:
totally worthless is what they are....4'' in the dash and 4x10 in the back. your best bet is to do a cut out for 6.5s in the kickpanels and cut out 6x9s in the factory 4x10 space you can use a plate out of 1/4 inch mdf wrapped in carpet for a clean install out back.
I didn't know you could cut out the 4x10 space for 6x9s? You have any pictures of this? And what is the plate out of 1/4" mdf for?

·
Registered
255 Posts
1buda said:
I didn't know you could cut out the 4x10 space for 6x9s? You have any pictures of this? And what is the plate out of 1/4" mdf for?

i don't have any pics as i haven't had the suburban in long time sorry.

i used the plate because the factory 4x10 is 1 inch longer than the 6x9 thus leaving a gap on either side of the speaker. i cut the plate just big enough to cover the hole and used 4 screws to mount the 6x9 through the plate and into the body panel. you will have to use the grills included with the aftermarket speakers.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
they do make adaptors for a 4x10 to 6x9

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
In my blazer, very similar to your sub, i have 6" componets in the doors and 6x9s in the panels next to the back seat, and for now have a 10 in a bandpass box right behind the pass seat..i didn't even worry about dash speakers...and everyone that has ridden in my truck is pretty impressed w/ the way it sounds...but i think its time to redo EVERYTHIGN...4 12s in the rear, fiberglass everywhere...fun stuff.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Metra used to make them. Most were yellow plastic pieces with some metal clips to hold them under the rear deck cuz thats where most 4x10s are mounted

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i just zippy tied the speakers in the rear :LOL: and the decks not even secured.... it sucks and prolly wont last long but fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk it :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts