GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
i just bought a level kit w/ 33's its a 2.5'' up frpnt and a 1.25 out back. i basically want someone to either help me install them, or just install them for me. i will pay you if you give me a price.. just shoot me a pm. the alignment i will get on my own..
Is it just a coil spacer?

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Re: any one near Slidell Louisiana that knows how to install leveling kit?

Is your truck 4wd? If so, it already has an 1 1/4" block from the factory.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts

Dude honestly if you have some sockets and jacks it couldn't be easier on an NNBS.

Jack the front on the truck up by the frame, unbolt the 2 bottom bolts for the strut/coil assembly and open the hood to get to the 3 too bolts then you can slide the whole strut/coil out and install the spacer. Bolt it back in just like you did you may have to use a pry bar on the lower control arm because of the new spacer.

For the back unbolt the u bolts then jack the truck up by the frame and install new block and u bolts.

If you can change oil you can do this.

·
09silvy
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

All 07+ NNBS have blocks, not just the 4WD.
i know i can, im just nervous about messing up my new truck...thats y i was looking to see if anyone had any experince and wanted a few extra pennies

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts

Nothing to mess up unless you don't torque the bolts down right, I can take some pics of what you need to do if you don't find anyone, just PM me I can get them for you.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts

All 07+ NNBS have blocks, not just the 4WD.
Ooooohhhh. Really? Hmm, didnt know that.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts

if i was closer i would it would literally take 45 mins.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

I used to be clsoe

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts

not sure probably some cold beer and a BJ

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Man you could have been done by now and posting pics of the results. Wrenching on your truck yourself and learning new skills is what it's all about. Besides if you run into problems there are many members here that would gladly walk you through it.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Man you could have been done by now and posting pics of the results. Wrenching on your truck yourself and learning new skills is what it's all about. Besides if you run into problems there are many members here that would gladly walk you through it.
That's what I'm saying, you don't realize how easy stuff is until you do it yourself. Could have had it done this morning in a few hours. All you got to do is take the coil/strut assembly out and put the spacer in.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts