GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my Centerline Stingray IIIs in to be powdercoated next week. I am probably going with a mirror finish silver. Was thinking of just clearcoating the polished rims but was told they may not stick well to a polished surface. Any pics out there of different finishes on your rims?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I have a second set of stingrays I am going to have powder coated, just can't choose a color at the moment. If I don't think the other colors will look right, they will just be silver, but I want to do them in Gunmetal or a Bronze/Gold color if I can find the right shade so it looks right.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Powdercoated "Anthracite" Intro Rally's...

IntroXLRRear2.jpg

·
Gringo Chiludo
586 Posts
Sorry, a little of topic but is powder coated metal scratch resistant?

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Here are my helo max 16x10 wheels in black...

·
Registered
653 Posts
i've had a really bad experience with powder coated wheels. i say stay away from it. once my wheels began to get water in between the coat and the wheel some parts started lifting and the place that did them said it was becuz it's a 2 piece wheel. but nonetheless i hated it and am now almost done removing the coat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
supercharged ss wheels are prolly the best looking wheels ive seen...

if i could find some polished 22s that werent to expensive id buy them and do the same thing to match my grey 07 c/c

·
Registered
268 Posts
i've had a really bad experience with powder coated wheels. i say stay away from it. once my wheels began to get water in between the coat and the wheel some parts started lifting and the place that did them said it was becuz it's a 2 piece wheel. but nonetheless i hated it and am now almost done removing the coat.
sounds like you need a new powdercoater. someone who knows what they are doing should have no problem w/a 2 piece wheel

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
sounds like you need a new powdercoater. someone who knows what they are doing should have no problem w/a 2 piece wheel
:word:

Sounds like you got a case of the shitty works...

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Sorry, a little of topic but is powder coated metal scratch resistant?
Powdercoat is actually stronger and more durable than paint, which is why you see alot of people powdercoating the frames of show trucks, show bikes, etc. It is very durable and doesnt oxidize or fade like paint...

·
Registered
83 Posts
i powder coat rims hubs triple clamps exhasut all that crap on my race bikes and holds up great..never had any problems with it lifting or anything..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts