GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for some pictures that are better than what DJM supplied me. the notching section of their instructios could be better considering your chopping on the frame!

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
please post a pic of the djm notch next to belltech please? i have to find one of mine but both were the same belltech/djm

·
3,161 Posts
please post a pic of the djm notch next to belltech please? i have to find one of mine but both were the same belltech/djm
English? Are you saying you don't know the product you sell? Or are you saying you don't know the difference between a Belltech and DJM notch? Normally as a distributor you would know these things....

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
no im saying it was 8 years ago when i did a belltech/djm rear drop at the same time on a nbs silverado and took a picture of the notches next to eachother. im trying to find the picture seeing if i saved it on my photobucket accont. Also did another silverado about 2 years ago with the belltech notch still looked the same.

I only sell djm but install all kits. Labor is the real money maker.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive never seen the belltech hanger, but the material and welds on this djm kit look like overkill IMO. its 3 or 4 times thicker than the material used to make the frame and has more bends to it which would also make it stronger than the frame. i plan to bolt it up and then weld the outside of the notch inside and out.

i do tow, but nothing heavier than my 186o boat. nothing major for me.

·
3,161 Posts
no im saying it was 8 years ago when i did a belltech/djm rear drop at the same time on a nbs silverado and took a picture of the notches next to eachother. im trying to find the picture seeing if i saved it on my photobucket accont. Also did another silverado about 2 years ago with the belltech notch still looked the same.

I only sell djm but install all kits. Labor is the real money maker.
So how can you fight and stand up for a product (DJM) when you don't even know your competition?

The Belltech notch is completely different. A much better notch than DJM.

·
3,161 Posts
TXsilverado I would not tow with that DJM notch. Your asking for trouble even with a smaller load. Take a look at the others before you weld that notch on and can't switch it out.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
I have to agree with Dezert1500 on this one.. I hate my DJM notch.
I'm about build my own notch for it so I can fix what the the flimsy DJM messed up...

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
can you guys show me the problem with the DJM notch this is the first i heard of this at all. I can also forward the issues to mike over at djm hes helped a lot on any issues if they have come up.

Ive had 2 trucks hit from teh rear bend rear frame rails but notch with djm area was fine so didnt think they had any issues at all and also many of my customers tow and never a issue.

has anyone ever broken a djm notch??
has anyone had problems towing with a djm notch??

I for sure havent and ive installed many djm kits since 1994 when i dropped my first obs silverado and had a djm notch.

This thread is not a pissing match on what kit to get but if there is a issue of the djm notch breaking or anything like that Id like to know about it. And many kits ive sold on here NO ONE has had a problem so just trying to see where the exact problem is

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the belltech does look stronger only in the fact that its boxxed in. the factory frame isnt even boxed in in that area. it also is made of thicker material and has more bends to it (makes it more rigid). i just dont see how it could be flimsy if it was welded in.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I always though the Belltech was nicer because it actually wraps around the top of the frame

Versus the DJM that just goes up against the side of the frame.

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
THANKS For the pics guys. Im just seeing if anyone had a problem from any djm breaking. i still stand by djm and it can tow and is a safe notch.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the DJM notch; I'm running one as well and it works well. Its a pretty nice piece IMO; I've always liked DJM better than Belltech anyway.

Go ahead and flip the axle on top of the springs first before you cut so you get a better centerline. Also, BE CAREFUL OF THE BRAKE LINE on the driver's side. I cut the hard line with a Sawzall when I cut my notch and it was a big PITA getting it fixed.

If you need anything else Stewart let me know.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts