GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this should be in the interior or exterior section but interior made more sense to me well just like the title says is there any proper way to remove window tint if anyone has any tips please let me know,

·
Registered
6 Posts
try to take the tint in hot day.
after u remove the tint there will be some glue left in ur window spray ( glass one cleaner) on the window this should make the glue lose so u could take it of the window.

i know some ppl use hair dryer but it take too long to take the tint off.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Give a tint shop a call. They told me to spray it down with ammonia (the stuff they say not to spray on tint)(as badassilverado mentioned glass cleaner) and let it soak for awhile to soften up the adhesion, and then go with a razor. That's what I was told, but didn't actually do it because I sold the vehicle the next week.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No its the film tint, its not comin off my truck its comin off my dads work car he got the drivers rear 1/4 glass and rear wiindsheild busted out like a week ago and he's been rollin with 3 tinted windows and 2 non tinted looks kinda funny and its cheaper to take the tint off than it is to replace it since he's not keeping the car much longer anyway.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Beware of the rear window if your dad's car has a defroster...do not use a razor blade to scrape off the glue...you will screw up the debroster...You will need a scotch brite pad and gasket remover to remove the glue back there...and alot of elbow grease and hot weather.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the defrosterr tip, but I forgot to mention that my Dad already had the windows replaced and the new windows dont have tint and the rest of the windows do so thats why i'm removing the tint.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
When i did it, i just went at it with some nail polish remover and a couple stright razors...took a while but got the job done...

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
RedneckDude said:
When i did it, i just went at it with some nail polish remover and a couple stright razors...took a while but got the job done...
:LOL: damn i thought i was the only one who did it that way..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts