GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to drop in a newer LS 6.0 out of a wrecked truck into my 98 c1500 and was wondering if any1 has done it out there themselves. I can get all the engine and comp, radiator, fuel pump, and everything pretty cheap but i want all the gauges to work. Is that hard or is it a plug in play or am I going to be tracking wire and spliceing 2 wiring harnesses together?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Lots of people have done it. It is not plug and play but not too difficult. You can make a harness or buy one that is already pre-made and splice a few wires. But the premade ones are $6-700

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any tips or tricks or helpfull advice? or can u point me in the right direction? or hey..maybe some more whitty bantering from a guy named Butch that lives in a swamp apperantly, thats always helpfull

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
any tips or tricks or helpfull advice? or can u point me in the right direction? or hey..maybe some more whitty bantering from a guy named Butch that lives in a swamp apperantly, thats always helpfull
nobody can help you if you don't attempt to help yourself first

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
There's one on here in progress right now.. Check out ls1truck.com. Performancetrucks.net. There's tons of ppl whoes done them and they aren't that diffucult

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
And As Smart Ass As I Was By Posting That Link...Its Really Your Best Friend, Itll Pull From Multiple Sources And Answer Your Questions Much More Effiecently Than Waiting For A Forum Response....I Should Know...Be Warned...Its A Snowball Effect, I Have A Lot Going On At Once...

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

My OBS is tucked back there somewhere, with a shopping cart in the engine bay :crazy:

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
could not work in that mess

when I do shit at my grandpa's (where all my tools are), I've gotta clean the place before I get started, there's no reason a garage shouldn't look professional

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Well, could be why its mine, but the other 1000 sq ft is spotless. and its not being worked in at the moment. Just add shit to the collection when i pick it up, been working too much to mess with it. It will most definitely be organized and everything put away before I start back. But unless I work on that truck, Im usually in front of the actual shop on the pad.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
engine
wiring harness
ecm
tune
walbro 255 fuel pump
fuel line
fuel fittings
pretty simple...but can go from 2k-10k depending how deep you wanna go.
i put a 1,000 mile motor in mine with a premade harness to make my life easier.

my 94 wt is fun to drive even on 3:42s an a tight converter :)

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Being a 98 he can likely use OE fuel pump if its a V8.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Since it seems you need someone to hold your hand start by reading build threads on GMT400.com, LS1truck.com, and LS1tech.

and read through this entirely:

http://hotrodlane.cc/PDFFILES/Lisa%20Tahoe.pdf

This swap requires a good bit of research as quite of few small things have changed up since LS motors were first produced, with the biggest challenge being wiring. The easiest and most professional way of doing the swap IMO is to run a 0411 pcm which will run all your stock gauges, motor, etc. all from that single pcm and use your stock harness for the most part.

yes.

·
2 Door Hoes
3,137 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
/\ read through bama2door's thread. long read but if you look through it lots of good info /\

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
doesnt mention if its a v6 or v8 so i assumed its a v6. i upgraded mine over a stock pump simply bc i wanted more hp options later on when i do a 6.0 swap or even pull it to put in a lighter truck for the track.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
The LS engines require 60 psi whether it be 4.8 5.3 or 6.0, so not really following if you 6.0 swap later, what is the upgraded pump you have on now? I'd probably upgrade if I hadn't just replaced the OE one.

·
2 Door Hoes
3,137 Posts
right around $2500-3k

·
Registered
713 Posts
I just blew my second 350 dude, im really beggining to think these motors are shit.

LS swap here I come.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts