GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And yes, I know this a GM site! Just a question, it sparked my interest. I thought they looked pretty BA for a FERD.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,895 Posts
anything is better than the new gm(governemnt owned) lol

it does look like a bad ass truck.. Fords are some stout trucks.. Not just cuz i have on now... they do lack some power in the f150s but other than that i like em

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
they are pretty slick and you could have gotten the new 6.2 in them, but i heard they are halting that, unsure why...not sure if it's worth 40 grand, for a cheap on that is..but nevertheless cool truck IMO..that blue flame color is pretty badass and the molten orange is ain't too shabby either

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Seen it at SEMA. Pretty sick idea. I dont like some of the stylin ques that ford deemed necessary for the newest f150's but thats just my opinion.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
I dont like some of the stylin ques that ford deemed necessary for the newest f150's but thats just my opinion.
me neither i love my style way way better, but the 09's are growing on me..they fit 37's with a 6" lift

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you think about it ~38,000 for a new truck with the stuff already on it isn't all that bad. You can buy a new Silverado, put lift, wheels, tires, etc on it and have around 40,000 in it too. I may have to check them out when I get back from Afghanistan in about a year and a half. Give them time to work the bugs out and for the 6.2.

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want to know what the towing capacity is on it. Still have to tow my boat and enclosed trailer.

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
It tows up to 6000 lb and has a 1000-lb payload.
From MotorTrend.

designing a performance version of Ford's iconic pickup, Special Vehicle Teams chose a different direction for the 2010 F-150 SVT Raptor. Widen the body of a Supercrew, redo front and rear suspensions, tweak the four-wheel-drive calibration and make it an off-road capable pre-runner.

The Raptor also gets a new truck engine, a 6.2L, two-valve (for better torque characteristics than multivalvers) overhead-cam V-8. Tuning isn't final, but SVT says the oversquare engine will be rated about 400 hp and about 400 lb-ft of torque. The engine was an on-again, off-again project known as the Hurricane V-8. Its official name is simply "6.2," and Ford will not use it in any other F-150s, so it's mainly a Super Duty truck engine that might also be used in whatever is left of the Expedition and Lincoln Navigator lines.

From the A-pillar forward, the Raptor has unique sheetmetal from other F-150s and is bereft of a Blue Oval badge in the grille. SVT widened the track by 7 in., and so its 5.5-ft box is unique to the Raptor as well. Height is up 2 in.over a standard Supercrew. It has new, internal bypass shocks, designed by Fox Racing Shox for a smooth ride on-road that stiffens up when the driver reaches high speeds off-road. Fox's new shocks are designed to do what external bypass shocks do, without the packaging problems. The Raptor has new leaf springs and shocks, new front upper- and lower-A-arms, and a new, wider, thicker-walled rear axle.

It's the first Ford with hill-descent control and comes with a differential locker that lets the driver keep it locked at high speeds. It tows up to 6000 lb and has a 1000-lb payload. Interior changes include unique, high-bolster seats, a special steering wheel, and redesigned center console. Ford hasn't determined price or volume yet, though it promises a "value price" and a multiyear run. SVT's latest F-150 is far from perfectly timed, though by foregoing a high-performance street truck for one that's highly capable off-road, it's more in line with the move to pickups with "authentic" capabilities as suburban cowboys leave the segment in droves.

The Raptor goes on sale in the summer of 2009 with the base, 5.4L three-valve engine. The 6.2L becomes available the following winter.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
one undeniably nice piece of factory available machinery!

Grill is a ridiculous advertisement, but could be worse. I really like how the front bumper does not stick out super far from the rest of the front end, kind of a newer design trend that I happen to like (and I'm not a big fan of the newest reg. Ford trucks either).
I think the wheels have some class too. Not ridiculously overdone, not bad.

I'd love to drive one of these Raptors. Especially after they do add the 6.2 as an option! I think this will be a popular truck.

·
GMFS Military Member
304 Posts
pretty sweet truck..the orange is hideous :imo but at least its "heavydutyized"

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From MotorTrend.
6000 lbs towing, not too shabby, little less than my VMax, but not bad for a 1/2 ton. I may have to convince the wife to let me get one of these next :secret:. But like I said before, have to wait a couple years so they work the NEW bugs outta them before I buy one, oh and I want the 6.2!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts