GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a compressor, a few power tools like the impact, cut off wheel, and air chisel, recipocating saw, 135 amp welder, skill saw, saw horses, jig saw, basic stuff like hammer, nails,screws and cordless drill
but I dont have a dam garage!
U usually work till 8:30 and it gets dark at 8. I stay up till at least 1-2 and have ideas and the energy, but no place to put them but here on the internet(its why Im a post whore). Its also why stuff doesnt get done like most other people. I go to work at around 10-1 usually and I dont get up and moving until around 3 so doing stuff in the morning is out of the question unless Im getting paid or getting ass
anybody with me?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well I have a garage but am up most of the night wrenching. The morning sucks as Im' asleep.

The day is soooooooo hot, so I'm stuck dealing with the bugs at night and the cooler temps... I purchased a HUGE fan last year. It's like 36" in diameter or something absurd. It keeps me cool and lots of bugs away.

:haha:

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
yeah i work through the night, but i have a 2 stage compressor so its somewhat more quiet than a normal comprssor...but i run all my tools in the dead of night...air, electrice whatever...ive built a few sub boxes at night too...jig and circular saws goin' had the cops called once...and it was a friend of the family he was like "you remind of a crankster working on your cars in the dead of night...but your cars are crappy" he left it at that...the rest of my neighbors besides the homley crazy lady with the homeschooled kids...are cool and dont give a crap.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
well im used to working late into the night
but that was when i had a garage to use
the truck doesnt fit into the garage since i installed the lift so working late is very hard now, unless it is something i can pull off and bring into the garage

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
dkj1028 said:
well im used to working late into the night
but that was when i had a garage to use
the truck doesnt fit into the garage since i installed the lift so working late is very hard now, unless it is something i can pull off and bring into the garage
:LOL: :LOL:

that sucks dude.

sometimes me and my dad are int he garage till 1am workin, and frequently we will be in there with airtools goin till 10 11 at night, thank god my neighbors are cool :head:

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have alot of dynamat so I guess Ill be matting the walls

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
i got a lincoln mig, a miller tig set up for aluminum, a pile of steel and aluminum, drill press, cutoff wheel, bench grinders, oxygen-acetylene torch, angle grinder, etc. so i do a little fabricating. give me an idea and i'll make something cool. it's all in a garage too :D

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know when I build the garage Im going to build a small room to keep the compressor in. Going to insulate it well, vent it outside, maybe even get some more serious stuff to deaden the noise so the neighbors dont complain and I dont have to hear it. Pipe it out of that room and around the garage so i have taps around the place to hook it into

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
94flamds10blazr said:
I know when I build the garage Im going to build a small room to keep the compressor in. Going to insulate it well, vent it outside, maybe even get some more serious stuff to deaden the noise so the neighbors dont complain and I dont have to hear it. Pipe it out of that room and around the garage so i have taps around the place to hook it into
:word: good plan, they're noisy. We have ours at philmont in an insulated closet with a fan to keep it cool. The floor still shakes when it comes on though... :D

I don't have many tools, all the tools I own fit in the blue toolbox under the back seat of my blazer :( Dad has a bunch though, and I use those :)

I got the name under my name from my boss...

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have alot of tools! Its a pain in the ass rolling the compressor outside and back in, collecting the tools up, carrying them out, carrying them up, taking them back in, clean up tools out and them back in, wash up inside, etc. I need it all outside, locked up and under cover with a sink outside as well as a pisser

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I have more projects laying around than room for tools. I have you name it in air, torch and a tig on the way, drill press, a cornacopia of power tools, two tall boxes of tools, etc. I think I can do anything now except machine things and paint myself.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I work late all the time here at my house, I pray that the neighbors in my new apartment dont mind me working alot. The garage is built into the apartments.... I will just have to see and make them reaaallly like me at first!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
My neighbors absolutely hate me, with my loud trucks, and loud stereos that pisses them off enough, but when my freinds like beyond static come over they get really pissed becuase of the loud ass valves. I'm usually out in the shop late at night welding or grinding on something. The dumbasses just built a fence between our houses becuase they thought that would rid of the sound of my truck, now it just echoes and its louder for them. :head:

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I work late all the time here at my house, I pray that the neighbors in my new apartment dont mind me working alot. The garage is built into the apartments.... I will just have to see and make them reaaallly like me at first!
You'll surely get reported to the apt complex management, and knowing you, it'll probably be within the first 24 hours. :crazy:

·
6,656 Posts
Grant said:
You'll surely get reported to the apt complex management, and knowing you, it'll probably be within the first 24 hours. :crazy:
that would give me an excuse to rent a shop now wouldnt it :crazy:

If only I was staying in Houston, I would have access to a 40x80 shop thats not going to be used for the next 2 years.. 14x14 foot doors, all wired, plumbed, AC and Heating, a pit and a lift. All it needs are light bulbs and all my tools.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
that would give me an excuse to rent a shop now wouldnt it :crazy:

If only I was staying in Houston, I would have access to a 40x80 shop thats not going to be used for the next 2 years.. 14x14 foot doors, all wired, plumbed, AC and Heating, a pit and a lift. All it needs are light bulbs and all my tools.

wow thats like Heaven :imo

·
6,656 Posts
Its my dad's good friend we just went to Alaska with, known him for years and years. He built it on his property and will be using it as a vehicle repaitr shop/ wood shop in a few years, but doesnt have the time or money to start it up yet so the building just sits....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I moved from a rental house to an apt to save money so I can move back to las vegas, and the apts don't even have garages you can work in. they are just storage rooms. We can't even change our own oil in the complex. So I have a garage just full of tools and my motorcycles and I can't do shit. Have to go to a friends just to play with the truck. And then they told me I can't ride my bike in and out after 11 pm because it is to loud for noise regs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts